+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Name the One Piece characters game

Default Name the One Piece characters game

I just found this fun little quiz-style thing.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Tgroody9/one_piece_characters

Y
    ou have 17 minutes to remember the names of 200 One Piece characters. It's even nice enough to give you a few hints, but I still only got like 150/200.

Also, the romanization it wants for some of the names is a little off, so if you aren't getting it, try a few variations on the name.

Default Re: Name the One Piece characters game

I love sporcle. A lot of good quizzes on there (and a lot of not so good ones).

I'll have to give this one a try when I get the time.
    Steam Profile: Sorikai33 | 3DS Friend Code: 2981 6418 0894
    ^ Feel free to add me on either ^

I got about 161/200.

Some of the spelling is bullshit though.

I only got 82/200. I'm ashamed of myself.

I just totally blanked on some of them, even a few really easy ones.

The same thing happens whenever I do the one where you name all first gen pokemon. I know them all, but for some reason I can't think of them when I need to.
    Steam Profile: Sorikai33 | 3DS Friend Code: 2981 6418 0894
    ^ Feel free to add me on either ^

Spelling killled me(Basco Shot, wtf), and I overlooked entire sections :/
    119/200 although i feel i couldve gotten 145.
    I was completely blank on the impel down folks, lol. Quite a few of these characters names are only in the manga once, so getting a perfect score is almost impossible. I think Oda himself would only get around 192 of these

3DS FC: 1349 5263 4437

Okay, some of those spellings were just weird. Juracule Mihawk? Really?

Other than that I thought it was pretty fun.

128. I...sucked on that...

a note to everyone: you only have to get one name. "mihawk" will get whatever they put down for him, "kidd" will get Eustace "Captain" Kidd, etc.

Though the spelling of certain names was a pain, the most troublesome part of this quiz is the way it's set up. People are going to blank if they can't look at the list at the same time as they're answering (and being timed, to boot). I missed quite a few answers that I knew because I didn't have time to look at the list thoroughly. It should've been set up so that you entered the names in the blank spaces next to the hints, but whatever...

148/200 was my score...

If it weren't for that glaring grievance mentioned above, I'm sure I could've gotten at least 190-195...

Also, I'm amazed at how some characters with more plot-significance are omitted (Shandians, Gan Fall), while other minor ones are on the list (Suu, most of the VAs). Also, repeated characters, like Robin (Miss All-Sunday) and Killer (Pirate and Supernova) shouldn't show up twice, especially since both entries are solved with a single answer...

All gripes aside, that was a pretty amusing quiz. I wouldn't mind taking it again if the issues I mentioned above were fixed (and characters and character descriptions updated)...
    Last edited by Deviant_Mugen; April 11th, 2012 at 03:44 PM.

3DS FC: 3282-3147-1316
    NNID: Mugen_Metroid

First time, I got aroun 170 because of spelling. The second time i knew how it spelled them so I got 200. Seriously, the first time i tryed pauly, pauley, pauli, and poley but not paulie. Oh and minorhino instead of minorhinoceros.

Got 152 myself. I actualy forgot Gedatsu's name, can you believe that ? Shura I can understand, he existed for like what, three chapters ? Also couldn't figure out what spelling for Camie was being used.

196/200... Shame on me for forgetting Oars, Cindry, T-Bone and Ronse...

They also forgot Kuina, Belle-mere, Pandaman, Boodle, and Gaimon, among others, I'm sure. They even left out HIKING BEAR. Come on, how do you do that? 147 for me, but the spelling threw me off at a lot of places. If the quiz was formatted a little better, I could've gotten a lot more.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information