+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 70

Thread: 542: One Piece x Toriko Crossover #2

  1. #41

    Default Re: 542: One Piece x Toriko Crossover #2

    Quote Originally Posted by irishpud View Post
    I have to stand up for toriko. It really is fantastic - second after one piece. It's more the world, the fights and interesting story building rather than character personality which makes it amazing. I hope the crossovers with one piece will make it more popular.
    Hey, don't worry, I'm not wishing any harm to Toriko, nor am I hating on it. It just doesn't interest me. For those who like it, I certainly would not want to wish it bad. I have plenty of series the members on AP wouldn't like, so it's not like I'm pushing my standards on others.

  2. #42
    Toriko's Choice Ass Mrs.RoronoaZoro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cardboard box 5

    Default Re: 542: One Piece x Toriko Crossover #2

    I can't deal with the animation in this. I had to stop and laugh here and there. I only watched this because I love Toriko and how he and Luffy get along so well. Also, there was a really cute moment when they "cured" Chopper the first time...

    For some reason I don't really like Chopper any more and I was not particularly invested in the story. I think the best things for me were when Sanji and Sunny weren't getting along and when Zebra knocked out that drunken ape with one of his sound bullets/bazooka.

    I can't agree with whoever said Toriko's voice actor's acting is weak, but I can agree that Komatsu is annoying. =_= I really wish the Toriko anime was picked up by some other company or at least half as good as the ova... but it's whatever.

  3. #43

    Default Re: 542: One Piece x Toriko Crossover #2

    Toriko's voice is not bad. I feel like I've heard it before, actually. Most of the secondary cast had familiar voices as well, some that may have been in Bleach or something. Yes, Komatsu has that annoying anime naive boy thing going for his voice.

    I still love all the Straw Hats, but I don't like Chopper as much as I used to, despite what my username may suggest. He used to be my favorite, but as time has gone on, I honestly just find all the other Straw Hats to be more interesting, so I think Chopper places last. It's hard to say who's "first", but it would have to be a close tie between the monster trio, Franky, and Brook. I personally keep the females on a different scale altogether, lol.

  4. #44

    Default Re: 542: One Piece x Toriko Crossover #2

    I don't see why the animation is so bad they should have had the one piece and toriko anime team working on it however it seems they had a third party learner team doing it however they might do another One piece + Toriko one to make up for the poor job done this time the 1st crossover had better animation than this one!

  5. #45
    Discovered Stowaway Kizaru sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Marine HQ

    Default Re: 542: One Piece x Toriko Crossover #2

    Quote Originally Posted by Chopperrules View Post
    Toriko's voice is not bad. I feel like I've heard it before, actually. Most of the secondary cast had familiar voices as well, some that may have been in Bleach or something. Yes, Komatsu has that annoying anime naive boy thing going for his voice.

    I still love all the Straw Hats, but I don't like Chopper as much as I used to, despite what my username may suggest. He used to be my favorite, but as time has gone on, I honestly just find all the other Straw Hats to be more interesting, so I think Chopper places last. It's hard to say who's "first", but it would have to be a close tie between the monster trio, Franky, and Brook. I personally keep the females on a different scale altogether, lol.
    That's really a shame though i think Chopper is really intersting after the Time skip i have always loved his special relationship with everyone in the crew and when it comes down to it he's also one of the smartest in the crew (not in all ways of course) and i absolutely adore him what's there not to like
    Spoiler:
    he can control his Monster point for god's sake
    .

  6. #46

    Default Re: 542: One Piece x Toriko Crossover #2

    both parts are out now. That was definitely better than last years one although i would've preferred actual episodes. The animation for part 1 was awful but part 2 was good at least

  7. #47

    Default Re: 542: One Piece x Toriko Crossover #2


    I don't know where i should see: The awesome bodypose, her horrible deformed head or blue chinese chopper.
    I love this
    Spoiler:

    You don't even have to watch them lol.

  8. #48

    Default Re: 542: One Piece x Toriko Crossover #2

    I stopped watching after they showed Luffy turning small due to his Gear 3 punch. If this is Luffy's crew post-SA, then that is not accurate at all.

  9. #49

    Default Re: 542: One Piece x Toriko Crossover #2

    Quote Originally Posted by Chopperrules View Post
    I still love all the Straw Hats, but I don't like Chopper as much as I used to, despite what my username may suggest. He used to be my favorite, but as time has gone on, I honestly just find all the other Straw Hats to be more interesting, so I think Chopper places last.
    It's very strange, but One Piece has abandoned Chopper's growth as a character and even reverted in some ways. This is more glaring in the anime, where he's even more cutesy and naive post-TS.

  10. #50

    Default Re: 542: One Piece x Toriko Crossover #2

    I haven't seen the 2nd part yet, but I'd like to know how they showed Zebra. He is the 4th heavenly king, a big dude with lots of scars who uses Voice Missiles.

  11. #51

    Default Re: 542: One Piece x Toriko Crossover #2

    Quote Originally Posted by Kizaru sama View Post
    That's really a shame though i think Chopper is really intersting after the Time skip i have always loved his special relationship with everyone in the crew and when it comes down to it he's also one of the smartest in the crew (not in all ways of course) and i absolutely adore him what's there not to like
    Spoiler:
    he can control his Monster point for god's sake
    .
    I still like the little guy. I just like the other members of the crew more. There are so many characters in One Piece that he's still very high up on my list. There's nothing wrong with him as a character, I just happen to like the other Straw Hats more.

    Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    It's very strange, but One Piece has abandoned Chopper's growth as a character and even reverted in some ways. This is more glaring in the anime, where he's even more cutesy and naive post-TS.
    I think he has become the Pikachu of One Piece and that is a problem. Oda gave in and rolled with in post time skip.

  12. #52

    Default Re: 542: One Piece x Toriko Crossover #2

    I have to say, the crossover was okay. The second half was more enjoyable than the first half, imo.
    The art was almost laughable in the first half. Everyone looked so damn deformed.
    I was kinda disappointed how Brook, Sanji, and Nami didn't really do anything.
    However, Sanji's chemistry with Sunny was very funny. XD
    Spoiler:
    The crossover also built up a lot of Zebra hype.


    Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    It's very strange, but One Piece has abandoned Chopper's growth as a character and even reverted in some ways.
    I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one.
    Spoiler:
    A good example of Chopper's growth is how, during the battle in Gyoncorde Plaza, he expresses how he doesn't care anymore about becoming a monster or trying to fit in with normal humans. I'd say, he's grown a bit since the Drum Island arc. He's more experienced and more confident than he was two years prior.

  13. #53

    Default Re: 542: One Piece x Toriko Crossover #2

    ^ I'd have to agree on that about Chopper's growth as a character. He has actually come quite a ways.

    I don't get why Sanji started to pick a fight with that Sunny guy. Seemed a bit forced to me. I forget, did they meet during the previous crossover special?

  14. #54
    Carcharodon Piledriver! Crossword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Out there

    Default Re: 542: One Piece x Toriko Crossover #2

    I imagine it's a casting joke (Sunny's seiyuu also voices Ivankov).
    ~Stargazer~, an original story.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

  15. #55

    Default Re: 542: One Piece x Toriko Crossover #2

    I don't get why people say the animation was terrible. The first half had some very good animation, not Tate best work, but still above average for One Piece. And I really liked the story for the first 30 minutes.

    Didn't like the second half tho. Got really boring.

  16. #56

    Default Re: 542: One Piece x Toriko Crossover #2

    That was one strange episode.... Didn't even show Luffy punching the gorilla guy, only showed Toriko's punches....
    The Undeniable dream is the least expected dream

  17. #57

    Default Re: 542: One Piece x Toriko Crossover #2

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one.
    Spoiler:
    A good example of Chopper's growth is how, during the battle in Gyoncorde Plaza, he expresses how he doesn't care anymore about becoming a monster or trying to fit in with normal humans. I'd say, he's grown a bit since the Drum Island arc. He's more experienced and more confident than he was two years prior.
    That's...a very fair point. Forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder.

    I guess I expected Chopper to change the most after the TS since two more years of seasoning would be the greatest, in relative terms, for the team's youngest member. I remember back in Alabasta and Skypiea when he was determined to be "a man" (which I assume was more in terms of maturity and not as opposed to being a monster) and pull his weight with the group. That aspect seems to have diminished.

  18. #58

    Default Re: 542: One Piece x Toriko Crossover #2

    Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    That's...a very fair point. Forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder.

    I guess I expected Chopper to change the most after the TS since two more years of seasoning would be the greatest, in relative terms, for the team's youngest member. I remember back in Alabasta and Skypiea when he was determined to be "a man" (which I assume was more in terms of maturity and not as opposed to being a monster) and pull his weight with the group. That aspect seems to have diminished.
    Spoiler:
    Fishman Island actually made me like Chopper, I was kind of indifferent about him before. I'm really happy he's still a character, like all the other Strawhats, instead of just being the mascot character. The "monster" aspect has always been the most important one for Chopper even more so than, the "being a man" thing, so I really liked that moment. There's also still half the manga left, so it would be kind of annoying to complete his development right now, wouldn't it?


    About the episode(and special in general), yeah it looked pretty bad. I like the fluid-style usually, but sometimes it's just ugly. Otherwise meh episode, then again never really cared much about Toriko in the first place.

  19. #59

    Default Re: 542: One Piece x Toriko Crossover #2

    basically this is the Robin tentacle action episode

  20. #60

    Default Re: 542: One Piece x Toriko Crossover #2

    I have noticed when the animation team is not following Oda's storyline or designs Name+ especially Robin seem to increase in bust size magically. And why do they always make the skin of Robin shiny looking? makes her look like she is made of plastic. And I couldn't help but laugh at the Luffy face error when they are eating around the fire.

    And too who ever stated the crew post timeskip yeah they wern't too good at showing their new moves, Nami did nothing along with Brook and Zoro really. And they never once showed Luffy in gear 2 which seems to be his default mode now. Overall I think this was more focused on the Toriko characters except for them needing to save Chopper's life.
    The Undeniable dream is the least expected dream

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts