+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 662: Shichibukai Law vs VA Smoker

Default Re: Chapter 662: Shichibukai Law vs VA Smoker

Mola Ram would be proud of you Law.

Did anyone notice the new bounty pictures?

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Tony Tony Chopper: [after seeing Ussopp's 5 ton hammer break] You mean it was a fake?
    Usopp: Of course! I can't lift five tons! I quit after five pounds!

It may have been pointed out earlier but Law could have swapped Smoker's heart with something else. I don't know whether he has to SEE the object he is swapping, though.

Quote Originally Posted by minor_runes View Post
    She failed to apprehend a criminal, was defeated, mocked by another criminal for her failure and sense of justice, and had to let yet another criminal do her job for her.At which point did you see her feel anything positive through out the whole affair? I'm pretty sure she was crying by the end because she was made to feel weak and her sense of justice was trampled.The only reason she got to put handcuffs on Crocodile was because another pirate has beaten him for her, there was no sense of achievement or satisfaction in it.
    Crocodile mocks Tashigi about being Justice being weak. Crocodile gets beaten by another pirate he considers weak, thus making him weaker than the pirate who beat him. Crocodile is then arrested by Tashigi, the same 'weak' marine he had earlier mocked for being unable to enforce justice, thus disproving his words.Tashigi's positives do not come out out of beating Crocodile. She got hers from being able to act on what was important at that time (helping the Straw-Hats find the bomb), and following her sense of justice (not arresting the Straw-Hats after they had saved the city). These are small contributions, but they are important. If she hadn't done these things, Vivi and Usopp would have been taken down by Baroque works, no one would have known the bomb was in the clocktower. Then they would have never been able to stop the bomb, and the war might very well have not ended because everyone died in the explosion. Luffy might have beaten Crocodile but then he would have lost his crew. But we're going off on a tangent here. Back to the original point of discussion, we weren't talking about Tashigi's personal senses of achievement, we're talking about whether she might be able to do anything in this arc after being verbally bitch-slapped by Law:The thing to remember is that Tashigi is a supporting character, not a main character, and this IS her role in the story. She will not the one beating the boss. She'll be the one helping the heroes on their way to beat the boss.If I had to make a guess I'd say most likely she'll find out something that sheds light on what's going on in Punk Hazard or a weakness in Law's technique that can be exploited etc. and pass that tip on to the Straw Hats in hopes of getting Smoker's heart back or something like that.

Anyone else surprised that we actually got to see the fight? I expected it to be only a two panel "fight" like Smoker vs Dragon and Smoker vs Ace.

Quote Originally Posted by nefra View Post
    Did anyone notice the new bounty pictures?

Its been gone over several times, those are not new bounties, that is just a newspaper article.
    They used the pictures from the bounty posters for Franky, Robin & Chopper since for the most part, they did not get seen, save chopper by marines. We actually already saw Luffy's new bounty poster with the 400m beri ammount on cover of 616, it is the same picture as his first poster.
    Rules of AP Forum=
    1. Doflamingo is behind everything.
    2. Because Haki is everything and anything. (credits to Shadowgreed)
    Note that the former rule 2- "Sabo is everyone". was retired when Sabo really did return.

Intelligence Department, Novus Orbis Librarium

Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    Why should Oda bring back (used) garbage?
    Because he's going back anyway? Or did you miss the the part where he made it obvious?

Also I like the part where you took a running gag seriously.
    "Yes, I'm only bones, but that's because I have an interest... in dieting."

-Gentleman Skeleton Brook

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Primo11 View Post
    Wow, just noticed something that's been bothering me since Brownbeard was revealed to be a crocodile centaur. Initially I thought these centaur were unnaturally made because I thought Brownbeard was shown before with regular legs, but looking back his legs were never shown in the panels. Now I know he's naturally a centaur and what not.
    That doesn't mean he HAS to be a natural centaur, just that we can't know for certain.
    For example, we now know that the "legs without a head and torso", was an unnatural result of Law's powers.
    And the dragon was apparently Vegapunk's creation. So the centaurs, satyrs and harpy may not be natural.

Quote Originally Posted by KingPoseidon View Post
    but seriously people need to get over smoker and tashigi, i didn't think they were anything big or special. tashigi was only there for a zoro storyline and smoker was just there cause we see that luffy is not unstoppable he has a weakness (just like eneru was weak againts luffy) in smoker with luffys haki smokers no match and probably will end up being an ally in the end or the one luffy ask to capture him cause by the time he becomes pirate king he'll have like a few days to live with all that life takeing things his done like ivas hormones and constant use of gear second/third..

anyways if there is a battle you expect its up againts the yonkos, akainu and blackbeard would be the most epic fight.

Blackbeards resume
    Second divison crew mate in Whitebeards crew
    the first who defeated the highest bounty in a character to date ace 550 mil beri
    former shchbukai
    current yonko
    has 2 of the strongest df
    half his crew is level 5 impel down prisoners

save your expectations for that fight and not some low ranked marines

From where u know ace was 550 M that never stated in the manga I never saw it
    That's some real conversation for your ass

3rd Degree Black Beard RomanceDawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    Its been gone over several times, those are not new bounties, that is just a newspaper article.
    They used the pictures from the bounty posters for Franky, Robin & Chopper since for the most part, they did not get seen, save chopper by marines. We actually already saw Luffy's new bounty poster with the 400m beri ammount on cover of 616, it is the same picture as his first poster.
    If new pictures go out Nami, Usopp and Brook would certainly have theirs updated to these photos. Just because Luffy's photo in this paper isn't his bounty hardly means some of these new pictures won't be new bounty photos, especially since at least 2 of them are much needed updated looks.
    I want to believe. I Ridley want to believe.

NNID: RomanceDawn

Pokemon Y: WUSHU 0044 2811 9045

Quote Originally Posted by Essam Ismail View Post
    From where u know ace was 550 M that never stated in the manga I never saw it
    http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=35030

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    If new pictures go out Nami, Usopp and Brook would certainly have theirs updated to these photos. Just because Luffy's photo in this paper isn't his bounty hardly means some of these new pictures won't be new bounty photos, especially since at least 2 of them are much needed updated looks.
    I'm not saying they could not become bounty posters, I acknowledge the possiblitlity of some of them being used.
    I'm saying the photos we saw in the newsappers are not currently the official bounty posters as some people are saying. We can not call them bounty poster photos until the posters are shown with those photos.

... thoguh I do argue on them "certainly" using Usopp's for some odd reason.

Believe me, I want the photo of Usopp to be used ... but on re-reading the Buster Call at Enies Lobby, I am left wondering if the Marines would use it. I want to say "Of course they would! It only makes sense" but the Marines making a poster for Sogeking and using the masked photo instead of Usopp's makes me stop short.
    They did see him without the mask during the Buster Call and Luffy yelled out "Usopp!" at one point.

Here we see that Usopp can see the prop that Luffy is on, and the marine ships around them. Here we see there is nothing blocking the Marines from seeing Usopp as he took off the mask. If he can see Luffy, I expect some on the Marine ships to be able to see Usopp. Luffy shouts out Usopp's name.
    I would think the Marines would be interested in someone that was able to inspire Luffy to get up from near defeat, and encouraged him to defeat Lucci as Usopp did when he gave the short "It aint like its Hell here" speach. yeah yeah, some fan do not think thats important ...and certainly some (anti-usopp faction) would not say Usopp is strong, but it falls into the Maine's guidelines of a strong pirate - ability to inspire others... and the last panel on that link shows marines, including Vice-Admiral Momonga, watching the fight. We know they were able to see Luffy's fight, so they could see Usopp ...still without a mask.

Even if we can argue that maybe some smoke or something stopped the marines on the ships form seeing Usopp clearly, the events after Luffy's defeat of Lucci, clearly shows some seeign Usopp.
    In ch 428 when Usopp hollors out "Luffy's Won!", many of the Marines on the prop fighting the Strawhats look directly at him.

So the Marines did see Usopp's face, and I think its likely they heard Luffy yelling out Usopp's name ...yet they took a picture of Sogeking at Water Seven (around same time they got photos of Nami & Chopper) and used that title as the name on the bounty. They should have been able to get a picture of Usopp's face during the Buster Call, since they got one of Frank and Robin during that fight. Even if they didn't why not make a composite drawing like they did with Sanji?
    Rules of AP Forum=
    Note that the former rule 2- "Sabo is everyone". was retired when Sabo really did return.

I wonder if Yasopp's seen the new bounty posters yet.

3rd Degree Black Beard RomanceDawn's Avatar

It's not about who the marines as a whole see but who the photographer sees. His name is Flaming Attachan if I remember correctly. You don't think everyone saw Sanji and no one knows what he looks like? It just so happen that Attachan only shot Sogeking and had a lens cap on while shooting Sanji. Even if Flaming Attachan had other photos of unmasked Usopp they probably thought that was his usual get up and went with that. Since the mask hasnt been seen by the Marines in 2 years, and we know through Kuma that had intel on who he was anyway, chances are they'd use this new unmasked photo.
    I want to believe. I Ridley want to believe.

NNID: RomanceDawn

Pokemon Y: WUSHU 0044 2811 9045

Quote Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
    I always wonder what Yasopp's reaction would/will be to seeing Usopp's bounty poster.

the answer is synthetic. zachri's Avatar

At first I didn't notice the break thing.
    Then someone told me it was off next week.
    Then someone said it was on a TWO WEEK BREAK.
    TWO. WEEK. BREAK.

Thou shalt be ended in the name of the League of zachri and the Lawfare army.

~Preventing dryer fires in washrooms across the country~

Quote Originally Posted by zachri View Post
    At first I didn't notice the break thing.
    Then someone told me it was off next week.
    Then someone said it was on a TWO WEEK BREAK.
    TWO. WEEK. BREAK.
    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1rrxjJvJV1qjsaia.gif

IT'S A 2 WEEK BREAK?!?!?!? Kill me...

Yeah if its a 2 week break, it'll be hard. I really want to see more of Monet!
    But I understand Oda deserves a break so I won't go crying for more ... at least in in public ;)
    Rules of AP Forum=

~Preventing dryer fires in washrooms across the country~

Quote Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
    If it is indeed true that Yasopp is on Shank's crew, then he probably saw it. And how come we didn't see Yasopp when Shanks came to end the war?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information