+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapters ALPHA: "Super Discussion"

Thumbs up Chapters ALPHA: "Super Discussion"

Feel special! ALPHA doesn't warrant dedicated chapter threads because, well, we already discussed the chapter three weeks ago! Instead you get a super thread that allows more long-term all-encompassing discussion revolving mostly around differences in translation and how that might affect your view on the chapter and other things that which I just said with the conjecture thing.

Have at it! What's this? You want to discuss something from a few chapters back? Take it somewhere else!

Default Re: Chapters ALPHA: "Super Discussion"

So we finally have a Viz sub forum? It's been a long time coming...but great to see it! And yes, this is a better idea then a weekly chapter thread!

Of course it is. Now get discussing already!!

7transformation duck rider Chopper Madness's Avatar

wow i hope this thread gets busier

i would like to participate but i have nothin to say for now lol

3ds friend code: 2509-2091-9671

Love Stephen's translation in chapter 652.

Jinbe: Normally I would be the one to offer the island protection... But with the bounty and all, well...

Skip a bit.

Neptune: Oh! Meaning you will accept Luffy's invitation!
    Jinbe: YES, I have my reasons.

So clear, so straight forward, and so it is written and so it shall be done.

I know the mods will kill me for bringing it up, but Jinbe knocked out one major argument against him joining the crew.

Anyone else love how you can see every detail of the back ground due to the ultra nice clarity of the pictures?

Ah Alpha, how I enjoy thee!
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. »\_(ツ)_/»

EDIT: New Chapter is out!
    Last edited by LUFFY#1 fan; February 20th, 2012 at 11:05 AM.

So what do you guys think of this dragon? I really don't know what to expect next, and I love that~. This island of Punk Hazard seems to have a dark past. Hopefully more will be revealed next week. And hey, Smoker!

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    Rock Lee: What is it Kakashi sensei?
    Kakashi: It was as if a million fangirls cried out in agony and were suddenly silenced!

Awesome chapter!! Punk Hazard looks really insane, and the dragon looks ridiculous, but dangerous!!! XD The dragon almost has a "Pete the Dragon" look to it. I'm glad we didn't just pick one of the three islands right off the bat. Also, this selection of Straw Hats on Punk Hazard, has me wondering what Oda has planned for this arc. Oh, and very cool to see the island that rains lighting. We saw this before, with Urouge entering it before the time skip.

A Pocketful of Coins Captain Hypersock's Avatar
    Swipe your card and enter your PIN to continue.

That poor dragon. He was just plodding along, minding his own business, only to come across 4 Strawhats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijnn. View Post
    Captain Hypersock is now the coolest person in the world.

Just to clarify the rules, in this thread is it forbidden to discuss what happens in chapters yet to be released on SJAlpha?

Quote Originally Posted by Robo Gorilla View Post
    Just to clarify the rules, in this thread is it forbidden to discuss what happens in chapters yet to be released on SJAlpha?
    Yes. ............

Kakashi: It was as if a million fangirls cried out in agony and were suddenly silenced!

I don't know how I liked osme of the wording on this, how nami said there would be nothing on the island, how usopp keeps trying to stop them, it sounded much better to me in the original translations, maybe I was just used to them

also the translations before made the whole smoker knowing luffy thing a bit more obvious and funny, the trans just seemed off

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicań of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    I don't know how I liked osme of the wording on this, how nami said there would be nothing on the island, how usopp keeps trying to stop them, it sounded much better to me in the original translations, maybe I was just used to them

also the translations before made the whole smoker knowing luffy thing a bit more obvious and funny, the trans just seemed off
    How'd the scanlation translate it?

Really funny One Piece chapter this week. I wonder which war lord the samurai has a grudge with?
    I made this terrible username 8 years ago!

So viz translation seems to support the idea that the lower half man was farting out his words

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    So viz translation seems to support the idea that the lower half man was farting out his words
    Haven't got a chance to read it yet, but what do you mean?

THere was an idea based on the japanese one which had them using the speech quirk bu, which might have been saying the lowerhalf was a samurai, but could also be interpreted as the japanese onomotapia buu which is a farting noise. In SJA version, its translated as poot, which is obviously a western farting onomotapia

I want to ask Stephen about the farting thing, but that's what I'm almost taking it as.

Once again very happy with the clarity of the wording and the actual pictures.

One thing I am even more sure of now is that there is an ice dragon somewhere on the other side of the island. It would explain cool flames, then we might actually get to learn about the dragon species rather than it just being game.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. »\_(ツ)_/»

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    THere was an idea based on the japanese one which had them using the speech quirk bu, which might have been saying the lowerhalf was a samurai, but could also be interpreted as the japanese onomotapia buu which is a farting noise. In SJA version, its translated as poot, which is obviously a western farting onomotapia
    Well, that definitely is interesting. I hope someone ask's Stephen that on the next one piece podcast, this could definitely be a huge difference in the manga.
    I made this terrible username 8 years ago!

Or you could take it to his translation thread two beneath this one too.

EDIT: ONE PIECE X TORIKO ONE-SHOT OUT NOW!!!
    http://www.sjalpha.com/node/291
    Last edited by Samwize78; March 1st, 2012 at 01:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information