+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1395

Thread: DC TV Series Thread - Crossovers where heroes SING!

Default Re: DC TV Series Thread - Crossovers where heroes SING!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    what do I need to watch to get ready for Infinite Crisis and in what order?
    I mean it's been a plot hinted at it The Flash since its very first episode, meanwhile in Arrow it's going to end up being the last/second to last episode of Arrow, with it rounding out the show that started this connected universe.

The big thing to watch though would be last year's big crossover, "Elseworld". It is a prequel of sorts to Crisis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    what do I need to watch to get ready for Infinite Crisis and in what order?
    Watch Elseworlds which is last year crossover and setup this crossover, this season of Arrow (who will probably lead up to the crossover) and then watch the crossover.

Or you can just take the plunge and watch the crossover. they usually try to have a self contain history.

FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

Thanks Guys .

wow, I couldn't understand anything at all in that first episode of Watchmen. What a pilote--- it looks like the Leftovers

Arrow is doing great this season.

The latest Arrow episode reminded me of how far Amell has come as an actor. He was pretty wooden early on, but nowadays he sells the hell out of Oliver's emotional moments.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post
    The latest Arrow episode reminded me of how far Amell has come as an actor. He was pretty wooden early on, but nowadays he sells the hell out of Oliver's emotional moments.
    Agreed. I can just imagine how much better season 1 would have been now if he was this good way back then.
    FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

The Anti-Monitor looks like MCU Thanos. The Anti-Monitor is also revealed to the creator of the League of Assassins, who have been directly or indirectly responsible for each of Oliver's enemies. Oliver is going to die stopping the Crisis.

LOL, this is just straight up Infinity War and Endgame.
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!
    Julie | She/Her | Pansexual

Who watches the Watchmen ?

I’m shocked nobody has been talking about Watchmen here. It’s one of the best tv shows of the decade.

I have no idea where this show is going. But anyway, I have one problem with this series: I personally can't find any charismatic character. I think the only actor I liked was Jeremy Irons, but unfortunately he didn't get much conversation with actual characters.

As for the nazi themes, at first I thought it was an asspull to sell the show in the US. But then I read somewhere that "Rorschach was homophobic, misogynist (he excused Sally's rape as a "lapse in judgment" and that she shouldn't dress like a whore), a conspiracy nut and extremely far right". And I'd completely forgot/didn't know about that. So now I'm okay with it

And I'm looking forward to seeing NiteOwl in season 2.

Also, the funny thing is that Don Johnson also played a KKK guy in Django Unchained

This crossover has been better than I thought it would be. Showing love to so many movies and shows of the past, while appreciating every Arrowverse show.

Spoiler:
    1st episode was for Supergirl. Main narratives were
    - Oliver dying
    - Alex/Lena working together
    - Sara meeting an Oliver that ended up alone and she could've been like that. It honored Oliver from the other timeline in Legends.

2nd episode was the Batwoman episode, which was decent, but the weakest of the 4 so far. Main narratives were
    - Harbinger/Anti-Monitor
    - Bringing Oliver back
    - Kate's courage test (shout to Kingdome Come Bruce and Kevin Conroy)
    - Really Lex's Paragon test for truth as he messes with Routh's Superman (movie and Kingdomcome Superman shout) and Teen Wolf Superman. Smallville Clark (this was my fav part) got to shit all over Lex.

Tie in - 2.5
    - Jennifer's decision

3rd episode has been the best so far
    - Flash, Barry, Pariah, Jefferson, etc deal with anti matter machine
    - Oliver's big twist that not even I saw coming as Spectre and this is huge
    - Kara vs Kate on whether to use the Book of Destiny
    - Anti-Monitor using Harbinger to kill Monitor just like in the comics. Pariah saving the Paragon and the Lex twist

1st episode
    I don't watch Supergirl, but I was still able to keep up with what was going on. I judge crossover episodes by how effective they were at using the identity of the show of the night to convey the bigger story, while also functioning as a story that serves the main narratives. The 3 narratives in this were able to make the best out of what Supergirl is. That is coming together, no matter race and keeping hope alive, despite the losses. I'm not too privy to Lena and Alex's issue, but it ok seeing them put their differences aside to help as many people possible escape. Oliver, as usual, took the lead, but died at the end and that caught me off guard. It felt so early, but it was a great way to establish how dire this was. They used the baby to weirdly get to Oliver of Earth 16 and that was lame. The saving grace was what Sara gave to him and remembered about herself. They are both tenacious characters and the best leaders.

2nd ep
    This was the weak link for me. Too much of the episode was catered to Lex. I understand that Clark and Lois are getting a show that I might not watch and Lex will make their lives hell, but this was a Batwoman episode and they dropped the ball for her specifically, while trying to hype up Lex. The way Kate mistakenly killed Bruce was also bad. What saved this episode was Smallville Clark pissing off Lex. I grew up on Smallville and him giving up his powers for his family is a beautiful send off. Batwoman's show is taking to long to establish an identity, so it had no ground to stand on from the jump. Every episode has some good stuff, but then every journal take to Bruce pisses me off. Kate us dull and the actress performance is the reason. This episode mirrored why the Batwoman episode had to be crowded by Lex's Paragon test. A little Harbinger cliffhanger that finally showed Anti Monitor. Another decent part was Oliver being brought back, but his soul couldm't due to the wave's interruption.

Tie in episode
    Black Lightning has been better than Flash for the last 2 seasons. The Akils make it their business to stand on their own, but leave wiggle room to play with the rest of the verse when it's necessary. This episode was great and I highly doubt Jennifer's role in Crisis is over. While Pariah saved Jefferson, she was in that other form and was not shown to be wiped out by the wave like the rest. It was explained that she went through that experience with her other world versions because of her power, which goes beyond matter. Seeing Anissa's words to Jefferson play out with his other versions being killed was poetic. How each version of Jennifer dealt with Odell and Jefferson wasn't just for this event, it entails everything that has happened this season, while showing the effects of the Crisis. This episode was written perfectly to showcase how Black Lightning's identity in this universe is to hold it's own, but work together when needed. Jeniffer was able to speak to all over her other world counterpart's soul with the right logic.

3rd episode
    My favorite episode of the main three so far. I didn't care for Kate trying to stop Kara and it took up the perfect amount of time in the episode. It wasn't bad, it was just like yeah whatever. Neither of them were going to fight because both characters are so indecisive. They are the "too late/pick up the pieces" kind if characters. A whole lot of predictable pump faking. I'm not a big comic reader, but i could sense that the Monitor was on his way out and soon. I liked how Harbinger turned around and smiled before beating up Diggle. Did not see the Lex twist coming, but it was built up nicely. All the Superman nonsense made perfect sense. Oliver becoming Spectre was so perfect. It just fits so well. From Constantine to Lucifer, then Jim Corrigan, it was done so well. It's in a place where Oliver wasn't revived. He serves a greater purpose. It's the best twist so far. Now, we have 2 characters that are kind of above the anti matter wipe out. Oliver as Spectre and Jennifer in that form. So those 2 and the 7 Paragons have 2 episodes to defeat the Anti-Monitor.

Now to address my favorite narrative of the episode and crossover in full. First, Tom Cavanagh has made the Arrowverse so fun to watch. So many different characters on Flash. Now Pariah gets to be the one that started it (heard his comic counterpart did as well), but is huge in helping as he brings Jefferson into the fold. Cisco being forced to become Vibe again was hilarious to me. He fought so hard to not be that and Monitor was like nope, you have a role in this that needs your powers. Earth 90 Barry was such a great addition in Elseworlds and Crisis. His flashback as he dies was so good, even tho I didn't watch that show. I hope Barry took something from that sacrifice. You still might have to die Barry.

Has anyone been watching the Harley Quinn show?

I was SO against this when the trailer dropped. The trailer made it seem like just what DC would do with Deadpool if they could make a cartoon for him. I had ZERO interests in it.

Saw a few clips on twitter and gave it a chance. And boy was I wrong about this show. This is one of my favorite recent DC works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    Has anyone been watching the Harley Quinn show?

I was SO against this when the trailer dropped. The trailer made it seem like just what DC would do with Deadpool if they could make a cartoon for him. I had ZERO interests in it.

Saw a few clips on twitter and gave it a chance. And boy was I wrong about this show. This is one of my favorite recent DC works.
    Very similar experience. I thought Family Guy humor with more fights, but it's actually decent. DC Universe has been good. Hope Stargirl isn't bad

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information