+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Russian Dub

Default One Piece Russian Dub

So after hearing the One Piece podcast and searching the internet, I found out that Russia is getting a brand new dub, along with an official manga release. If anybody would like to contribute any info of these releases, post it here!

Default Re: A One Piece Russian Dub is Coming Soon!

i dont like dub.its change the feel that one piece give me

ikr, eng dub sounds like scooby dooby doo.

That's awesome! More One Piece around the world!

Quote Originally Posted by ginzaki View Post
    i dont like dub.its change the feel that one piece give me
    Wait is the Russian dub even out yet?

^ No, the dub's not out yet, but it's coming soon. I've also found out that all of the openings and endings are going to be dubbed into Russian. Here's a teaser that was released on the web: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owNov4GJqyQ

Sorry for double posting but I have some important news:

-The New Dub is going to be on the channel 2x2 in March

-The first Manga Volume has just come out

-A preview of the dub will be hosted on onepiece.ru next week

Also here's the full dubbed opening

Wow, the editing in We Are with the Russian One Piece logo was horrible...way worse than FUNi's gold logo animations...It abruptly cuts from a shot of the original Japan logo to the Russian one and doesn't try replicating the movements at all.

That said, I think it's cool that OP is getting a Russian dub, especially one that's dubbing all the songs! Hope for the best. The Russian manga just starting up when the anime is ready to premiere is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by WakaDArc View Post
    ikr, eng dub sounds like scooby dooby doo.

One Piece is a pretty wacky-ass show. If anything I'd argue the Japanese get a bit too ridiculous at times.

The opening was pretty damn nice. Here's hoping "One Piece" does well in Russia!

^ By the way, I should mention that the video is poorly edited because the finishing touches haven't been made yet. It will look cleaner once it airs on TV.

Also, the first dubbed ending (memories) is going to be posted on onepiece.ru on monday, so look out for it!

Great that you get dubbed openings and even endings! They are not even dubbed in France or Taiwan, where One Piece is the most popular manga/anime series!

As for manga, the first printing is about 6000 copies. Hope it'll sell well, and they'll order more.
    Spoiler:

Can you get a picture of the full cover?

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post
    Can you get a picture of the full cover?
    Here is the front cover:

Looks really nice! Itīs almost the same as the original! I like it more than the VIZ-Covers, to be honest^^

Wow, that is really nice. I'm surprised they even kept the spine the same..

Thanks ^^

Wasn't the name of the company releasing "One Piece" in Russia called Comix Wave or something? Aren't they releasing it in some other countries too? I heard Kazahkstan is getting "One Piece" too.

It's comix-art. And they're partnered with eksmo, publisher company. They have a retail network, and their books could be found in a number of countries including Kazakhstan - http://www.eksmo.ru/purchase/foreign/. But I doubt that they'll see One Piece in retail with such small first printing. It's out of stock in some online stores already. As for the rights, I think it's Russia and CIS.

How are manga in Russia? As in popular, unpopular etc?

And how's the translation?

Wasn't the name of the company releasing "One Piece" in Russia called Comix Wave or something? Aren't they releasing it in some other countries too? I heard Kazakhstan is getting "One Piece" too.
    The companies name is called Comix-Art and I'm not sure about a Kazakh release. Here is some info that I've collected from a friend on Youtube.

- Comix-Art is a fairly new manga publishing company, founded in 2008 I believe, and is one of the leading Russian manga publishers.

-One Piece or "Большой Куш" (translated as Jackpot) is the first title Anime title they have licensed. As stated previously, they also have the manga publishing rights as well. Comix-Art hope to have the manga volumes on sale and the anime to air on TV at the same time, to promote manga and eventual DVD sales (it is unknown when the DVD's are coming out yet.

-For those of you who don't and haven't listened to the One Piece Podcast, our very own AlinaJames of Arlong Park Forums has been hired by Comix-Art to help with the translation of the series. It was also through much hard work and dedication on her part that all of the openings and endings are going to be dubbed in Russian. I find this really fascinating that one dedicated fan can make so much difference! And from what I've heard, Alina is pretty knowledgeable about the series like Greg so this is bound to be an excellent dub, maybe even better than Funimation's.

-The channel 2x2 is set to air the series starting in March. For those of you who don't know, 2x2 is a teen oriented channel that has aired series such as Naruto, Bleach, Family Guy, Adult Swim Shows and even Nickelodeon shows (figure that one out)!

That's it for now but I leave you guys with a little message. I hope all of you guys will support One Piece by buying the Manga or Anime releases in your respective country or language (I'm actually from the United States and I'm just reporting on this to spread awareness of this great series). So please do your part so we can have One Piece continue to thrive and spread all around the world by buying official releases!

Full dubbed russian ending, thx one-piece.ru

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information