+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 107 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 2128

Thread: The Viz Media Thread

Default Re: The Viz Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Doke no Buggy View Post
    The problem is that people, and presumably you, aren't considered to be potential costumers if you don't ever want to buy what they have to offer,
    I'm sorry, are you forgetting the part where I say I have every physical book Viz has released for One Piece? I've been a loyal customer for years. Literally! I bought the first volume early enough for it to still use "Zoro" in it. That's how long I've been buying. How can I possibly never wanted to buy what they had to offer?

Also, your replies to me were straight up weak... You don't think its fair and that's fine, but that does not mean it actually isn't fair.
    My replies are weak? I... didn't know I had to impress you, I apologize. I understand full well Viz's reasons for their actions. I never said it wasn't fair, I just thought it could be improved upon so people's opinions wouldn't end up being volatile. And never did I imply that those volatile opinions were my own. Never.

-Lastly thank you for ignoring the part about Japanese consumers, because it further points out your whiny attitude.
    My whiny attitude? You make it seem as if I've been throwing a tantrum up and down the thread and flaming anyone who dares to speak any differently than I.

Japanese consumers may buy physical copies of Shonen Jump that they are able to keep and enjoy for as long as they wish without having to return it, but unfortunately, pirating of the manga does go on in Japan.

Yes....clearly I want something for nothing...I've bought over 300 volumes of manga from Viz. yup.....free.

Yeah, true. Message boards would be a lot better if people kept their opinions to themselves.
    GUTALALA SUDALALA

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

I'll repeat what I said before: Because scnalators get the issues out before japanese release, Viz can NEVER do enough to satisfy a lot of those scanlation fans. If Viz didn't charge fans anything and only used advertisement, how do you know they'd make a profit? Especially since a large portion of the scanlation base is likely to ignore them anyways and go for the faster, lower quality scanlation releases
    3DS Friend code 4682 9855 9526

I'm actually kinda glad MR went down. I haven't bought SJA yet, but I probably will pretty soon. The translations by Steve are so much better than the scanlation sites. The picture quality is also far greater. The only thing that's stopping me from getting alpha is the discussion. If there was a sure way to stop any spoilers from leaking and a good amount of people to theorize the latest chapter with, I'd definitely buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    I'll repeat what I said before: Because scnalators get the issues out before japanese release, Viz can NEVER do enough to satisfy a lot of those scanlation fans. If Viz didn't charge fans anything and only used advertisement, how do you know they'd make a profit? Especially since a large portion of the scanlation base is likely to ignore them anyways and go for the faster, lower quality scanlation releases
    I assume you're saying they won't make a profit due to people not going to the site. Well, if Viz continues to do what they're doing to scanlation sites, people will have no other option but to use their "scanlation" site. And if Viz offered something like that, I honestly wouldn't mind the 3-week gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Doke no Buggy View Post
    And everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but why share them? I mean, are you getting something out of these posts?
    Bizarre. Why even be a member of a message board if you don't won't to interact and get peoples opinions on certain topics? What are you getting out of it then?

read.

Quote Originally Posted by Badass SnoCone View Post
    Well, if Viz continues to do what they're doing to scanlation sites, people will have no other option but to use their "scanlation" site. And if Viz offered something like that, I honestly wouldn't mind the 3-week gap.
    I agree completely. I'd actually prefer that to happen.

If they aren't going to transpate the big 3 and toriko why are all the chapters still there?

Nintendo ID: elduva182

Why would Viz force sites to take down Hunter X Hunter (and series like it) when they will not be a part of the Alpha roster?
    Last edited by city_lights31; April 2nd, 2012 at 02:45 AM.

read.

Well going by mangareader, Viz series are simply blocked for US IP addresses.

They're not just blocking jump alpha series though. EVERYTHING licensed by Viz including non-Jump series like FMA, 20th Century Boys, Vagabond, Monster, etc.

Long-finished series like RuroKen, Dragon Ball, and Death Note

Cancelled series like Gintama, Bobobo, and KHR!

Even Beelzebub

On a side note, does anyone else have trouble finding 20th Century Boys? B&N around here stopped carrying the series after volume 9. They randomly had volumes 15 and 16, but no others. I'm gonna order the whole series when it finishes, but it's a shame they don't have it in the bookstores. Such a great series!

Also, it seems 21st Century Boys was NOT taken down. Does that mean Viz hasn't licensed the last 2 volumes? It would be pretty disappointing if they didn't release the last 2 volumes of the series (21st Century Boys).
    GUTALALA SUDALALA

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

See,blocking a series they don't intend to continue is just wrong (gintama),and they can go off themselves for that.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by city_lights31 View Post
    Why would Viz force sites to take down Hunter X Hunter (and series like it) when they will not be a part of the Alpha roster?
    Since Viz is owned by Shuiesha, who owns all those series, although Viz is currently not doing them, it's pretty much a chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkz1 View Post
    I'm actually kinda glad MR went down. I haven't bought SJA yet, but I probably will pretty soon. The translations by Steve are so much better than the scanlation sites. The picture quality is also far greater. The only thing that's stopping me from getting alpha is the discussion. If there was a sure way to stop any spoilers from leaking and a good amount of people to theorize the latest chapter with, I'd definitely buy it.
    You could try the Chapter's Alpha: "Super Discussion" thread.

And Vongola I understand your argument. I too think VIZ should let us keep our issues of JUMP Alpha if we are paying for them.

I also agree with you guys that VIZ should not block series that they have straight-up cancelled production of. The scanlation group who did Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo was shut down per VIZ's order since they were doing the content VIZ skipped over. Which I don't understand. If YOUR not gonna do it, then why not let someone who WILL do it for NO COST to anyone do it. There's a demand to read these series, and if VIZ will not give them to us it makes them look bad to deprive it from everybody else just because they hold the license and aren't getting payed for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    Rock Lee: What is it Kakashi sensei?
    Kakashi: It was as if a million fangirls cried out in agony and were suddenly silenced!

Quote Originally Posted by Samwize78 View Post
    You could try the Chapter's Alpha: "Super Discussion" thread.

And Vongola I understand your argument. I too think VIZ should let us keep our issues of JUMP Alpha if we are paying for them.

I also agree with you guys that VIZ should not block series that they have straight-up cancelled production of. The scanlation group who did Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo was shut down per VIZ's order since they were doing the content VIZ skipped over. Which I don't understand. If YOUR not gonna do it, then why not let someone who WILL do it for NO COST to anyone do it. There's a demand to read these series, and if VIZ will not give them to us it makes them look bad to deprive it from everybody else just because they hold the license and aren't getting payed for it.
    I was wondering,for the series that are now defunct,how long can it take for them to lose rights for that particular series?

Quote Originally Posted by Vongola_Boss_XI View Post
    Well going by mangareader, Viz series are simply blocked for US IP addresses.

They're not just blocking jump alpha series though. EVERYTHING licensed by Viz including non-Jump series like FMA, 20th Century Boys, Vagabond, Monster, etc.

Long-finished series like RuroKen, Dragon Ball, and Death Note

Cancelled series like Gintama, Bobobo, and KHR!

Even Beelzebub

On a side note, does anyone else have trouble finding 20th Century Boys? B&N around here stopped carrying the series after volume 9. They randomly had volumes 15 and 16, but no others. I'm gonna order the whole series when it finishes, but it's a shame they don't have it in the bookstores. Such a great series!

Also, it seems 21st Century Boys was NOT taken down. Does that mean Viz hasn't licensed the last 2 volumes? It would be pretty disappointing if they didn't release the last 2 volumes of the series (21st Century Boys).
    so the chapters are only blocked in the us?

Quote Originally Posted by FirstClassCook View Post
    so the chapters are only blocked in the us?
    FOR NOW (ominous wind blowing)

Could they block other countries or just the US?

Quote Originally Posted by ARC-1300 View Post
    FOR NOW (ominous wind blowing)

Could they block other countries or just the US?

a new site will probably upload the newest scans, lucky for me I fon't live in the US but I feel for the ones eho don't want to pay fos sjalpha

Quote Originally Posted by FirstClassCook View Post
    a new site will probably upload the newest scans, lucky for me I fon't live in the US but I feel for the ones eho don't want to pay fos sjalpha
    They could always block access for other countries as well. So I wouldn't count yourself out just yet. (Mind you I'm not trying to jynx it for others)

Quote Originally Posted by ARC-1300 View Post
    They could always block access for other countries as well. So I wouldn't count yourself out just yet. (Mind you I'm not trying to jynx it for others)

Yeah you're right I think there is a chance that they block it in other countries cuz some people could upload it to a page or youtube or something for free and show it like worldwide

They need to do a rapid release for Toriko, and Bleach.

So the new alpha readers can catch up to the story parts there missing.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information