+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Traveling Sketchbook - Europe edition

Default Re: Traveling Sketchbook - Europe edition

Icy, did you get one?

I think I found a pretty one at work... But I haven't looked inside yet so I don't know yet, if the pages are blank....

"Unicorns can't see into your heart. All our dumb horns can do is glow, point towards the nearest rainbow and play rave music!"

Visit my Etsy Shop: Heart'n'Skull or Tumblr

With this and that happening, I didn't get the time to go look for a sketchbook... so nope, I don't have one yet.
    What kind is the one from your store? We also have to make sure it has a lot of pages.

Some new things we should add to the rules thingie:

Each person drawing anything has to write their username on the page. Because if the sketchbook gets stuck somewhere or something, then after a while it'll be hard to tell who drew what or something.
    If you want to color your picture, then put some thick paper under the drawing, so that you won't mess someones drawing/page for drawing.
    Maybe make the last page a little memento where people can write their username and when did they get the sketchbook?

Okay, that's all...

It does have a lot of pages. And spiral spine.

I'm just not sure yet if there are lines or something in it. And I don't know how thick the paper is. I try to find that out tomorrow :)

"Unicorns can't see into your heart. All our dumb horns can do is glow, point towards the nearest rainbow and play rave music!"

Quote Originally Posted by Aru View Post
    Some new things we should add to the rules thingie:

Each person drawing anything has to write their username on the page. Because if the sketchbook gets stuck somewhere or something, then after a while it'll be hard to tell who drew what or something.
    If you want to color your picture, then put some thick paper under the drawing, so that you won't mess someones drawing/page for drawing.
    Maybe make the last page a little memento where people can write their username and when did they get the sketchbook?

Okay, that's all...
    Good ideas. Putting paper under your page when you're drawing is good.
    And something like a register, in the back or the beginning of the book. With username and date of receiving.
    As well as the putting username on the page. I'll add them in!

Quote Originally Posted by Nami View Post
    It does have a lot of pages. And spiral spine.

I'm just not sure yet if there are lines or something in it. And I don't know how thick the paper is. I try to find that out tomorrow :)
    Sounds good! What does it look like?
    Thick paper would be best. And clear pages, too.

I'm loving all this order to the art~
    Just your average Sherlock/Eragon/Game of Thrones/One Piece/Harry Potter/Dr Who/Supernatural fan

My blog: http://companion-in-training.tumblr.com/

Ordnung muss sein.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

BTW, adding a paper between pages is a great idea that got picked up along the way in the US one. It's also kind of a cheat to get more drawings in ^_-
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Quote Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
    BTW, adding a paper between pages is a great idea that got picked up along the way in the US one. It's also kind of a cheat to get more drawings in ^_-
    You mean, the paper stays there? >.>

I meant, that we put the paper ONLY for the drawing in the sketchbook. I don't know if we should add more pages (we can glue an envelope at the back, so people can put some small scribbles or something, but it doesn't seem like a great idea), but I only wanted to put the paper if I needed to color something and didn't want to ruin someone's drawing etc.

Shipmate

A page for rules, a page for registration, a page for... well, reasonable suggestions.

Then, how about a collaboration page? For example, a comic where everyone does a panel at a time.

Spoiler:

A collab sounds good, would we plan the story here before hand or would we just make it up as we went along?
    Just your average Sherlock/Eragon/Game of Thrones/One Piece/Harry Potter/Dr Who/Supernatural fan

I feel very ashamed of being absent for a while. I do know that I love to lurk, and that's what I often do, but now I haven't even able to use computer. Well, I finally got myself a new lap top so I no longer need to fight with my sisters who can use the computer and when.

Anyways, back to topic. Now that I read all the new suggestions and other stuff I must say there was nothing I disagree with. And the collab idea sounds lovely. I've done some collabs before, both art and comic.
    Well, personally I don't think it matters whether we make up the story already. I'm used to do impros where everyone designs a character or two that are used in the story (with written character introduction page) by you and other people however you want (trying to keep the characters IC, though), but I'm not sure if such thing would work in a story which is made panel by panel.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Iceburg View Post
    You mean, the paper stays there? >.>
    If you want it to. ^_-

Also, the US book had a white lining on the inside of the cover, that's where the rules were. The back inside cover ended up being some kind unofficial collaborative collage. Just random little things that didn't take too much space. I drew a chibi Capt. Kuro.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Ok I looked inside the book I mentioned earlier. It has lines in it :<
    I swear it was perfect! But a lined book sucks, doesn't it?

I will curse myself if I miss the oportunity to get my dirty hands on this! Count me in

Nami, lines are no good I'd say >.< They'll show up on the scanners and most people probably won't be able to edit them out.

Oh and how does everyone plan to colour their drawings? I always use my SAI program on PC, but of course that won't work for the book xD I might colour certain things later though, if I can get off my lazy butt.

Quote Originally Posted by CharmedWard View Post
    Nami, lines are no good I'd say >.< They'll show up on the scanners and most people probably won't be able to edit them out.

Oh and how does everyone plan to colour their drawings? I always use my SAI program on PC, but of course that won't work for the book xD I might colour certain things later though, if I can get off my lazy butt.
    I'll colour them in Photoshop if I find them worthy enough. I'll sure shade them though.

Quote Originally Posted by CharmedWard View Post
    I use PC programmes to colour my stuff like a couple times in a year at max, which is pretty much nothing because I draw something nearly everyday...

Well, I'm not completely sure yet what to use, but at the moment It seems I use probably markers or watercolor pencils. I'd prefer the latter ones but the nearby stores don't seem to have the ones I want. But yeah, going with markers If I cannot find a proper set of those pencils...

Hmm okay, thanks for the thoughts guys. I might just leave mine for the most part...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information