+ Reply to Thread
Page 467 of 467 FirstFirst ... 367 417 457 465 466 467
Results 9,321 to 9,334 of 9334

Thread: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (9th & Final Season Airing Now)

Default Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (season 7 airing now)

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Still not sure how I feel about Starlight Glimmer becoming one of the mane ponies.
    She's been one of the mains for like 2 seasons now. Like half the episodes of the last two seasons were about her now being in the old Twilight role and having to make friends.

But even in the new intro she's still not on the same level as the original six. She's not in the opening shots, doesn't get an attribute quote or solo line. She's front row in the final group shot I guess, but still not Mane 6 status.

Yeah, she's in a perfect middle ground.

I also LOVE the decision to make her a guidance councellor.
    That scene where she cheered up Twilight was golden, and illustrated what Starlight brings to the table.
    Twilight's friends were focusing on cheering her up or patting her back in sympathy,
    which is fine, but Starlight said "actually, I'm going to tell you what you did wrong." and it solved the problem.

Just like in the episode "A Royal Problem", this approach is sometimes the right way to go.
    Starlight can cut through the bullshit and address the heart of an issue, which makes for a useful alternative method.

The scene also showed how well she's come to know and understand Twilight's personality,
    which makes perfect sense considering that they live in the same house together.

There's also the fact that the mane six's dynamic is "being friends despite being completely different ponies".
    There's still gonna be a "limit" to how deeply they can relate to or understand Twilight.
    Starlight has much in common with Twilight, so that would make it even easier to surpass that limit.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

I suppose so.

Also I'm not entirely up to date on the episodes, I'm still catching up.

I do still wish it had been Sunset Shimmer instead though, purely on the merits that I like her colors better and she stands apart from the rest of the group better, while Starlight sort of blends in next to Twilight. (Stupid time of day naming theme.)

(On the merits that she and Starlight are in basically the exact same situations as former villains turned friend, as blank slates they were pretty much interchangeable. There's probably differences between them at this point but I couldn't tell you what those differences are.)

but she's stuck in purgatory with the human designs, so that is what it is.

So this is going back to last week's episode, but see if you can spot the three ponies of interest here.

Spoiler:

Buck you, Hasbro. XD

Geebus, they make the final season sound like its going to be incredibly depressing with that cover of the intro.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Sombra? Oh, please have all the unreformed villains team up this season.

NNID: jervinnectar

So the ultimate villain of the series is a goat.

I hope you're watching, Wagomu.

Default Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (9th & Final Season Airing Now)

Glad Sombra's "dead". He's way too one-dimensional to be interesting. Aside from the villains and setting up the big series ending battle, I wasn't crazy about this episode. It's the same, I don't know if I can do it stuff all over again. And, there was too much padding. A magical evil king is taking over your country. Leave the forest alone and stop him! Well, here's hoping we get a Zecora episode.

NNID: jervinnectar

After two kinda weak episodes, Frenemies, had put a constant smile on my face.

On another note. We had enough be-like-you-are-episodes, imo. Why do we have to waste best girl Yona on one?
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

For a final season it sure doesn't feel like one. Yeah some old villains are teaming up but one of them is brand new and the other only just appeared at the end of last season so its kinda... whatever. Especially since Sombra is dead and Terek is.... kind of lame now? Chrysalis is the only one that goes back far enough and appeared enough to actually feel like anything.

Like, i realize they mostly accomplished their dreams where applicable already. Chain of fashion stores, animal sanctuary, wonderbolts, cutie marks, etc. But its not really... doing anything to be a final run with the characters at all. Not really doing one last run through the greatest hits of one time characters or wrapping up anythings just.... more nonsense.

Maybe that'll change in the second half of the season.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

The final episodes have aired overseas and are up online now. The NA broadcast is months behind, so if you still care at all or about spoilers, be careful!

I haven't watched them yet but probably tonight.

Well, that was an ending. Not the best, not the worst. About what I expected from it given where the season has been going. . Not going to say anything specific, not even under spoiler tags, given that this thread has been dead so I have no idea how many people are actually keeping up or waiting for the NA release which will take a while yet.

But definitely an ending.

https://www.watchcartoononline.io/an...dship-is-magic
    Last edited by Robby; September 8th, 2019 at 09:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information