+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: 9.0 earthquake hits Japan

Default Re: 7.2 earthquake hits Japan

Ah, ok, that makes sense...the way it was worded I wasn't sure.

Looks like they revised to 8.8 now.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

[youtube]qvjPwSaG0Co[/youtube]

Jesus.

Christ.

Stay safe, friends. I'm rooting for you. D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Is it wrong that I feel a sense of...well, amazement from all of this?

Now don't get me wrong. I also know that this is terrible for the people of Japan and they have my deepest sympathies, but at the same time I can't help but be astounded by it.

Cars being tossed around like rag dolls. A blazing inferno set adrift atop a tidal wave. Truly mother nature at her most ferocious. It kinda puts things in perspective (yeah, I know. I wouldn't be saying this if I was the one it was happening to).

Does anyone know if any of this is happening near where Greg lives? I hope he's all right.

Oh my. Just got home from university and found this news. This is terrible. Even here in the Philippines, a tsunami alert level 2 has been raised to almost 20 provinces.. Oh God.. I hope there will be minimum casualties. >.<

Any updates on casualties?

I just saw a couple of people waving for help from their balconies.

I hope the number of casualties doesn't spike too much within the next 24 hours. This looks pretty serious.

The 1996 earthquake in kobe killed more than 5,000 people I believe.

I'm amazed at the Japanese citizens response to this calamity. Being prepared sure is showing its effects.

Update: 18 people are confirmed dead according to CNN report.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post

Does anyone know if any of this is happening near where Greg lives? I hope he's all right.
    He's up in the mountains AFAIK, in the Fukui prefecture, well south of Sendai, the epicentre. But undoubtedly he would've felt it.

I don't wanna sound the bastard but I hope guys like Oda and Akamatsu are safe. I also hope Kubo gets smashed to smithereens by a tidal wave.
    Last edited by TLC; March 11th, 2011 at 02:14 AM. Reason: But since Tokyo isn't gonna be hit, that should be unlikely.

Stay classy, Arlong Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-san View Post
    I don't wanna sound the bastard but I hope guys like Oda and Akamatsu are safe. I also hope Kubo gets smashed to smithereens by a tidal wave.
    Well, you do sound like one. That is just not nice.

Yeah. Wishing ill upon others is wrong.

Just curious, what is the season in Japan right now? Is it around late winter? Cause it will surely aggravate things.

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-san View Post

You're talking about someone who is only guilty of writing a manga that you don't enjoy. It's not like he killed your family or anything like that.

But yes, I hope all the manga artists are alright, along with the rest of the Japanese population.

I hope everyone had time to evacuate. Some of those scenes are terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sandman View Post

You're talking about someone who is only guilty of writing a manga that you don't enjoy. It's not like he killed your family or anything like that.

But yes, I hope all the manga artists are alright, along with the rest of the Japanese population.
    Well he is kind of a douche.

But I guess.......

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

Holy...wow just wow.

Greg, Oda, and everyone else I can think of that lives down there. Please be safe guys.
    Get nuts or go crazy trying.

We had a massive earthquake here in Christchurch, New Zealand about 6 months ago, but a few weeks ago a smaller but shallower aftershock event caused even more destruction to our already battered city and it's like a war zone. 165 dead here and counting. An entire central city cordoned off and deserted. We're just starting to get things back together, to hear that my brothers and sisters in Japan are now suffering a similar fate is devastating. I hope and pray for the best. Japan was one of the first countries to respond to our crisis, the search and rescue staff have just returned to Japan, right into their own disaster. What a cruel twist of fate.

I hope everyone is ok over there, and our favourite manga artists have all come through. Hopefully all their earthquake preparedness pays off with a low death toll.

Now to hear that Japan has been hit like this, is devastating. My praers an support are with them, I know what it feels like.

I got this from the Podcasts' status on facebook. Maybe Greg will post here soon too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Hey folks! Probably no need to worry about Oda unless he was away from work (ph! yeah right) Some dishes might have broken and his room might have gotten a good shake but things in Tokyo are pretty chill. I would suggest checking out a vid we got of one of the tidal waves. Unreal stuff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NVRuwSt0LY.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information