+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: One Piece in Spain RETURNS!

Default Re: One Piece RETURNS TO SPAIN!

I think he means that all of the episodes dubbed before the hiatus have aired. Which means that episode 196 will premiere September 12.

And how are the ratings?

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

grats to Spain. Now all we need is to get One Piece back in the USA.
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Lie turns into reality Tabasco Boshi's Avatar

Yeah, I meant new episodes premiere September 12th. They have dubbed this episodes: 196-263

@Josl In the beginning, One Piece was the most watched show in Boing, the channel. After some changes of schedule the ratings decreased a bit, but still one of the most watched shows in the channel.
    Last edited by Tabasco Boshi; August 13th, 2011 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco Boshi View Post
    Yeah, I meant new episodes premiere September 12th. They have dubbed 62 new episodes: 196-257

@Josl In the beginning, One Piece was the most watched show in Boing, the channel. After some changes of schedule the ratings decreased a bit, but still one of the most watched shows in the channel.
    I'm pretty sure they said they were going to dub till 263, am i wrong?

Lie turns into reality Tabasco Boshi's Avatar

My mistake. They dubbed until 263, right.

Yeah, the new episodes are dubbed and ready, we will be watching the water 7 arc, and it will end just before the start of Enies Lobby. Also, One of the moderators over at the facebook group "One Piece en Castellano" tells he was present at the recording of a certain catchy song, of a "new" mask wearing character. Can't wait to hear it....
    And finally, the voice actors who participated in this new episodes, left a message to the fans, thanking them, asking to watch these new dubbed episodes, and to keep the support of the series so that more episodes can be dubbed. The cool thing at the end of the message? the "SUPER" it ends with ;)
    http://www.audioracoon.com/audios/ficha/relatos/672 ----- here`s the link to the message, if you are curious... just click on "escuchar"

So tomorrow, at 9;40 pm, local time, the new episodes start airing. The schedule is an episode, Monday to Friday, and it seems we get a repeat of the episode at 11:35 on the same day. What a great day for One Piece fans in Spain ;)

Just wondering, since there've been new OP episodes in Spain by now, has the dubbing of it changed in any significant way, or are liberties still being taken with the dubbing?

Wow this applies to like 1/20th at most of the people here

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Truth View Post
    Just wondering, since there've been new OP episodes in Spain by now, has the dubbing of it changed in any significant way, or are liberties still being taken with the dubbing?
    They still take liberties with the name of attacks, and sometimes make some mistakes with the name of the seas (they mistook all-blue with east blue) but well, the rest is fine for me, I love jonathan voice, and in 2 chapters we arrived at davy back fight iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Truth View Post
    They´re taking liberties but, at the same time, they´re trying to fix some of those liberties, like when they called the Devil Fruits "Beelzebu´s Nuts", or Smoker "Malhumo" (Badsmoke). Still, they can´t change every name and attack abruptly, since kids that only know the anime would be confused, if they change things it will be slowly and from now on.

By the way, they changed the schedule this week, it´s from Monday to Thursday(movies on fridays) at 21:15, and a reair of the PREVIOUS episode at 23:10
    Waiting for a signature that is worth to see...

So I went on a journey to find the Dragon Balls. After a long journey, when i had finally gather them all and called ShenLong, i wished for this thread to be revived....so yeah.... ;)
    Here are some good news coming from Spain. On TV, Boing is going to start airing the Water 7 arc this month. One Piece is definetly getting a boost in popularity in Spain. But thats not all....
    Today, Arait multimedia (Spain's version of Funimation ) has announced some good news, using a video on their official YouTube page.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp525YMt2rU
    ^^watch it
    We are getting 52 NEW EPISODES!!! Which means all of Ennies Lobby...
    The interesting part though, is that although they are going to dub 52 episodes, it seems they have bought up to episode 394. The guys on the facebook page One Piece In castellano, are still debating whether there are that many episodes or not. The video is quite confusing in that aspect. And the people over at the facebook page of Arait Multimedia, have refused to say anything more for now.
    Anyways, we are very excited over here in Spain, Just wanted to let you guys know, One Piece is slowly but surely getting worldwide recognition

UPDATE-
    So the dub director (and Luffy's voice) , Jaime Roca and one of the series translators Alessandra Moura, have confessed to not be aware of any new episodes.....even though there is an offical video released about it.
    Right now all of us, spanish fans, are scratching our heads trying to figure out what this all means
    Last edited by fogdark; February 3rd, 2012 at 01:00 PM.

I just saw the news on Facebook this morning, congratulations! This will definitely be on the podcast news segment.

I'm so happy to see "One Piece" gain such popularity in Spain where it was previously cancelled for quite some time. But aren't there still a lot of places in Europe that still don't get the anime, or where it got cancelled too? I still wait with cautious optimism for "One Piece" to get more and more popular worldwide, and it's slowly happening it seems. I especially want to see "One Piece" take off in Latin America with a non-4Kids dub!

Ok, so it seems the news is that Arait Multimedia has bought 52 new episodes, so now they own 394 total. Of those 394, they have dubbed up to 263, and of those 263, the TV channel "Boing" is going to start airing on the 13 of this month from episodes 229 and upwards...

UPDATE-
    Ok, so we have official news. A representative of Arait multimedia spoke in the podcast of the well known spanish site, Ramen Para Dos. One Piece is doing quite well in Boing, and has a firm fan base of watchers. Arait Multimedia has licenced 406 episodes, and 263 of those are dubbed. The rest of them are waiting to be dubbed, and for that to happen, Boing has to order them. As of now, Boing is about to premiere new episodes (the Water 7 arc) starting with episode 229.
    Last edited by fogdark; February 5th, 2012 at 12:14 PM.

Yay! Too bad NO ONE in Latin America gives a hoot about One Piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonkou255 View Post
    Yay! Too bad NO ONE in Latin America gives a hoot about One Piece.
    There are, but Toei Animation hasn't done anything about it.

And why do you think that may be? Because Toei doesnt care. Nobody does. I really want to be optimistic and all, but I gave up a LOOOOOONG time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonkou255 View Post
    And why do you think that may be? Because Toei doesnt care. Nobody does. I really want to be optimistic and all, but I gave up a LOOOOOONG time ago.
    http://www.facebook.com/onepiece.red...o.ahora?ref=ts

See, people still care.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information