+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece in Spain RETURNS!

Default One Piece in Spain RETURNS!

Quote Originally Posted by King Calamari View Post
    Well similarly One Piece is also heading back to television in Spain.

http://www.toei-animation.com/en/con...anish-tv-boing
    AWESOME SAUCE!!!

Btw if you want it to return to the USA post in this disscusion!

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...19249468124144

Default Re: One Piece RETURNS TO SPAIN!

Interesting. "One Piece" kind of has this weird pattern of getting cancelled and then coming back.

Yeah it does!

Next is Germany, then comes the USA and the UK down the line!

of The One Piece Podcast Zach Logan's Avatar

Very good news! Congrats to all the Spaniards out there!
    Host and Founder
    The One Piece Podcast

The views expressed are solely my own.

Wow. It just looks 2011 will be the year that One Piece makes a comeback. haha Still I guess this won't be proven until it comes to the US. haha

Interesting year so far indeed. "One Piece" TV gets cancelled in Germany but the movies are getting released, it's coming out on TV and DVD in several Eastern European countries, it comes back to Mexican T.V. in a bad timeslot apparently with new episodes, and now this.

Bad timeslot is just poor wording.. Its too kind to call the timeslot ONE PIECE got "Poor TimeSlot" I would call it "Who the fuck came with this shit" TimsSlot, suits better :) Now fury aside.
    It was broadcasted at 4:00 A.M.! (Yeah, in the morning) the channel was Canal 5 so it had an incredible big audience (Shit of TimeSlot, heck of a channel), its seen for free in most of Mexico, Iīd say around 80% of Mexico has it as a local channel, still the channel is just weird when it comes to anime, i.e. it has had Pretty Cure license for years and just recently broadcasted it, or randomly without any kind of promotion adds an anime to the timeslot just to take it out after a few weeks (I think that was sadly the case with ONE PIECE, donīt really know as I am not awake at 4:00 AM)

Aside from that congrats to Spain fans ;) Hope you get new episodes too, what episode did your Dub stopped at btw?

I think Spain stopped at around the filler between Alabasta and Skypiea.

Cool Re: One Piece RETURNS TO SPAIN!

Actually, the Spanish Dub stopped at episode 195, right at the end of the Skypeia arc.

Also, I recently did some more research and found out some more information on some of the other foreign dubs.

In Korea (yes the infamous Sanji with a lollipop and sheathed swords Zoro), One Piece is being redubbed from epsiode 1 on a separate cable channel than it has in the past (One Piece has aired on about 7 or 8 different channels there since the dubs premiere in 2003). This version will be completely uncut, unlike previous seasons (I believe season 3 for some odd reason did air uncut a couple years back).

In France, the Thriller Bark arc is set to air in he coming months. They recently left off at episode 325 in December, meaning that 325 dubbed episodes aired on French TV in the span of only 2.5 years!

With the revival of One Piece coupled with Sailor Moon, maybe there's a chance that our favorite Japanese animation can make a comeback from the slump its been in since the beginning of the recession (or depression in some aspects).

wj, do you know when and where this new Korean dub will air?

YES!!! I was so sad when I got into the series and the series stopped on TV : (
    Thank god, hope that Luffy's voice is better by now lol

Yes, the Korean dub will premiere on the channels Champ and Anione (both channels are owned by the same company), every day at 5:30pm.

And I hate to break it to you Sahil167, but some of the main characters for the Korean dub, including Luffy's VA, will reprise their role.

Also from my understanding, the edited version will continue on Tooniverse, staring from where it left off at episode 251. So in other words, their will be two differnt dubs of One Piece, premiering at the same time, with different editing practices. Why they are doing this is extremely bizarre, and not very cost effective.

By the way, I think the title of this thread should be changed to "One Piece returns to select international countries" or something along these lines, will all of this information flooding in.

For now I'll let it keep being called the Spain thread, if all this info from other countries starts snowballing and it's less focused on Spain on this one thread I'll change it.

Great big step to One Piece!!! maybe it will be in USA and UK to.
    One Piece stiil aring in germany right they at episode 395 no?
    Last edited by eliman12; March 4th, 2011 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wjbraden View Post
    Yes, the Korean dub will premiere on the channels Champ and Anione (both channels are owned by the same company), every day at 5:30pm.

And I hate to break it to you Sahil167, but some of the main characters for the Korean dub, including Luffy's VA, will reprise their role.
    I was talking about the Spanish dub actually lol

Power of a hippo! Kaba Kaba Fruit's Avatar

Great news for you guys in Spain!

OT: Here's a question that's been constantly intriguing me: What do Spanish people think of Mihawk?

In my opinion the Spanish dub sucks (the first time I watched One Piece was in Spanish and that's why I didn't like it at first) but luckily I'm catalan so I can watch One Piece in catalan (which has a great dub and is in 405 and in the next months will continue). Here in Catalunya also have an episode every day (we have started again). But anyway, these are great news for the ones who like this dub and want to watch One Piece in Spanish. If they have a good audience, I'm sure they'll dub more episodes.

It would be nice to have a sub forum where fans from all over the world can discuss their country's official release of the anime. It could replace the Funimation sub-forum, which outside of the DVD sets and Simulcast has nothing else going on.
    Last edited by King Calamari; March 4th, 2011 at 10:24 AM.

In Spain One Piece stopped at the end of Ennies Lobby arc.

Quote Originally Posted by BingBang View Post
    In Spain One Piece stopped at the end of Ennies Lobby arc.
    Wrong. It stopped in episode 195, the end of Skypiea.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information