+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: General Holiday/Celebration Thread

Discovered Stowaway

Post General Holiday/Celebration Thread

Talk about any holiday/celebration type events here. Thought it would be useful if it's all in one place.

Well its the day before Thanksgiving here in the US so I did my last minute shopping after work. When I got home I spent a hour peeling and thinly slicing six sweet potatoes and then boiling them about ten minutes so they are soft, but not al dente. Right now they are cooling down, and I will transfer them to a flat cookie sheet, and wrap then up and refrigerate. Tomorrow I will divide them up into two casserole dishes. In one dish I will top the sweet potatoes with real maple syrup. In the other one I will top them with cranberry sauce. I will cook them in the oven for 20 minutes at 250F and they should be good.

Unfortunately the holidays are not what they use to be since I lost my only sibling thirteen years ago, and I lost my dad to cancer three years ago. Even though I'm 33 years old I'm not interested at dating anybody right know even though my mom keeps saying I should join a dating site at least once a month, but I can understand that she just wants to see me have a social life . Tomorrow my Mom and I are going to Thanksgiving mass in the morning, and then we'll visit my aunt and uncle (my uncle is recovering from an operation). Later my mom and I will celebrate our Thanksgiving meal tomorrow night. I will watch the Packers/Bears game tomorrow night, and I hope the Bears will win it.

Default Re: General Holiday/Celebration Thread

Happy holidays, Namio. I hope you and your mom have a really great one.

As for me, I'm just doing the same thing I do every year. Eat and sit around listening to everyone talk while watching the football game. The 1 of 2 football games I watch every year.
    Everything's Eventual...

Discovered Stowaway

Thanks a lot Outespec you too.

? Already ? Shish...Time sure flies...
    Well, happy holidays and celebrations to everyone !! <3

As for me, I don't know, maybe I will spend the holiday with my aunt in the countryside, is good to see your family.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

well, it'll be my third straight year away from home for the major last holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years). However it won't be with no family members this time. I meet my mother in Spain on the 19th, so that will be a bit different. For her it will be her first holiday away from home/family, so it will be an interesting experience. Got all my gifts for my family members while in Egypt, so I am set. Skyped my family a little bit ago and that's the most I will get of Thanksgiving this year. Being the only American here on Samos means no celebration.

So tired... So much turkey...
    Steam Profile: Sorikai33 | 3DS Friend Code: 2981 6418 0894
    ^Feel free to add me on either^

Sig art by Stjepan Sejic

Quote Originally Posted by Aliraza002 View Post
    Tomorrow my Mom and I are going to Thanksgiving mass in the morning, and then we'll visit my aunt and uncle (my uncle is recovering from an operation).????
    Prayers go out to your Uncle for a successful recovery. I haven't attended Church in a long time I'll try to do so before ending this year.

Lump of Dirt

Merry Christmas to all that celebrate it! :3

This is my first Christmas of not being with my parents or seeing any friends. It's really weird feeling. Especially since I'm in Cali and it's not freezing. My roommate is out of town and it's just me and the cats.

Never had the opportunity to try it....Guess I'll order Chinese for dinner.

Merry Christmas everyone.

So how many of you guys got coal?
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

Merry Christmas (and other festivities) to everyone !!

I got another cool shirt, this time was a black one with the Mortal Kombat logo in the center, it was a simple celebration, but I liked.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

It's past 11 AM and my family is still sleeping in. What kind of Christmas is this?! There are presents to be opened!

I don't celebrate Christmas, but I hope you guys get to enjoy it with your loved ones.

No Christmas here in 25th but Merry Christmas to you all~ Have some awesome holidays

Merry Christmas (or whatever other holiday you celebrate this time of year) AP. ^_^
    Steam Profile: Sorikai33 | 3DS Friend Code: 2981 6418 0894
    ^Feel free to add me on either^

Sig art by Stjepan Sejic

Discovered Stowaway

Merry X-mas everybody. I just got back from my spending a couple hours with my cousins and aunts that I haven't seen in a while.

I'm kind of envious of one of my cousin's and his fiancee who had an overnight layover in Iceland on their way to Switzerland this past spring. In Iceland they stopped by one of the many silicone geothermal spas, and had a massage and manicure done. They said in the future they would love to stay in Iceland for an extended period of time. There are many places I would like to visit especially one where you can cruise the Alaska coastline, but I need something called money before I can go on that trip. Also my cousins and a couple of my aunts told me to download an app called "Word with Friends" on my I-Phone so I can play Scrabble with them at anytime. I am know playing four games with them as we speak.

Speaking of Christmas what is up with this weather. It was 55 degrees here in Maine today. I actually wore a short sleeve shirt to my Uncle's place today with no jacket required and one of my cousins was wearing shorts today. One of my aunt and uncle's family who are from Connecticut said they reached 70 degrees yesterday.
    Last edited by Namiorbust; December 25th, 2015 at 06:51 PM.

Happy Chrismahanukwanzaka everyone!!!

Had a great Christmas! Spent it with family!

And I got the best Present EVER from my best friend! :3

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

I'm having a great Christmas visiting my sister and her family in Chicago. I got some great stuff as well.

Happy New Years folks!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information