+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP - 3DS

Default Re: One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP - 3DS

That's ridiculous. They've cut the game in half... Defintiely won't buy a Euro 3ds for this. Disappointing...

Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    Do you think it will still have the characters from part2 for other modes. If i remember right crocodile appears in part 2 but he also appears in marineford
    Well, if you take out Kizaru, Crocodile or Whitebeard, it would be a very strange mode... yeah, Marineford mode seems to be complete
    Waiting for a signature that is worth to see...

Does it have a mode that allows you to play as the non-strawhat characters cause i hear they took vs. mode out of the JP ver.

Nope, you can only play with non-strawhat characters in the Marineford Mode, I guess

VS mode is gone, too? The least they can do is add that back after cutting half the game -_- And what will the motivation be for people to rebuy part 2?

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

AFAIK there is a Survival Mode in this game which is similar to the Boss Rush Mode from Unlimited Cruise 2.
    In Survival Mode you can play as everyone from the two games + Marineford, at least in the japanese version.

Sounds like a poor excuse to me, the could have split the European release into different languages (one English, German, French etc...). Didn't they do that with Gigantic Battle? I'm sure the French/German version was only one language. Probably more expensive though which is why not they're doing it.

so that means when i buy the game/german version next month
    i will get a half cutted game with no vs mode ?
    thats horrible

We canīt complain about the no vs mode when it wasnīt in the original release either, but yeah, I want the heads of whoever thought this half-assed solution

Amazon UK pre-order link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/One-Piece-Un...7250646&sr=8-7

I'm pretty excited about the pre-orders being up on Amazon, until I came here and you guys broke the bad news...

I can understand the situation though. It was pretty clear that this game would sell very well in Japan, so Bandai Namco would have used the larger game cartridges there to hold the game. However the larger game carts are more expensive, so although there's not as much profit, the sales figures probably made up for it.

However the situation is in Europe is two problems. The first is localizing for all of Europe so that they don't have to produce multiple versions of the game, this is the safe bet as the game will probably not sell as well in certain regions.
    The second problem in Europe is fitting all of the game on a smaller cart while including the entire game and each language. I can't imagine that the extra text of different languages would be a problem, but using a cheaper cart definitely is. Considering that the game would be condensed from what was originally condensed from 2 DVD size games, then with the additional content. Cutting the Japanese version down is a big problem.

I really wasn't expecting this, I guess this is what the big delay was about. I am more disappointed that there will probably be no part 2, I mean it would not make sense considering that the climax (Marineford) is included with this version. Part 2 would be pretty bare!
    I have seen this sort of thing happen before with Namco's Mr.Driller: Drill Spirits on DS launch. They didn't include the story mode, which was basically the main game mode! Why they did it could be anybody's guess, translating or game cart restrictions.

The only upside to this is that if you have played through Part 2 on the Wii, at least you won't have to go through the whole game again to get to Marineford.

Oh and the other upside is the Ace figure....That's right, remove half the game, include some plastic, happy fans?

Thanks for the link, seems its been brought forward in the UK. Shopto still has the best option tho for me =3

I do hope we at least get part 2. I completely wiped out part 1 and not so much part 2 so it would be nice. Persnally I woulda preferred if they removed Marineford mode and put in part 2.

And no. The Ace isn't an upside. I said it before but it claims it's an exclusive but it's actually a very common WCF figure that's had about 3 re-releases. Coulda at least gave us someone rarer (IE The rest of the main cast) or a UC Luffy figure or something.
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

Yeah it's actually #11 in the 3DS charts at the moment! Isn't that something?

I totally agree, the Ace figure is not a good inclusion to make up for half the game which is missing. Though I never knew that it was already a figure in Japan, damn!

Since I don't think it doesn't deserve it's own topic quite yet:
    Is Namco Bandai Making One Piece: New World Cruise?

While we only saw
    One Piece: Unlimited Adventure in North America, Namco Bandai made Wii three games with Luffy for Japan and Europe. One Piece: Unlimited Cruise1: The Treasure Beneath the Waves and One Piece Unlimited Cruise 2: Awakening of a Hero were translated into English and released with Japanese voice acting in PAL territories. Both titles were bundled together to create One Piece: Unlimited Cruise Special for the 3DS.

Right now Namco Bandai is busy with One Piece: Pirate Warriors, but after that the next game with the Straw Hat pirates might be One Piece: New World Cruise. Namco Bandai filed a trademark for New World Cruise in Japan and that ties in nicely with the New World story arc and Cruise video game series.

Seems like we have a match, but which system will One Piece: New World Cruise be for? Wii? 3DS? Both?
    http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/20/is-namco-bandai-making-one-piece-new-world-cruise/

I'd love another Cruise game. I'm hoping it's for Wii U.

"Official" reply from UKīs Namco/Bandai community

You are all going to hate this but honestly, I just have to put myself up to sacrifice on this one...

At this current moment we do know the One Piece Cruise SP will only containing the first game. Unofficially the reason for this split of the game compared to the Japanese could not be avoided as the EU release has to include the 5 languages and making that for both game simply could not fit in one cartridge.

However, this game in not being published by Namco Bandai in EU (we don't make the games in Europe either, we simply publish them) and is being published my Nintendo. This means that they get all the up to date information on this game and not us. We are still awaiting and official announcement into what is happening and I personally have no further information I can share right now - honestly, I don't know anything more than what you guys do.

Can anyone tell me, where I can download the soundtrack of the Unlimited Cruise games? I love it, but I just can't find it anywhere!

is this ever coming to usa?

Quote Originally Posted by JinbeiKun View Post
    is this ever coming to usa?
    Unfortunately no.

I just found this on the One Piece Wiki:

Weird that this isn't our limited edition figure..

yeah we shoudla got that one I guess.

Just got a email from shopto with the big releases for this month and One Piece is there. *sniff* it makes me feel all proud
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

lol. i want to pre-order it but i don't think i have the money to

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information