+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Character Names FAQ

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer AWB's Avatar

Default Re: Character Names FAQ

That may be the case. I also found his name preplexing as it is simply Moria with the o and a rearranged.

Well the whole "Mario" thing is cleared up now after all. Just read Stephen´s Script on chapter 455 on you´ll see that the term "Mario" wasn´t a one time thing. So there´s no need after all to include the dead body from Hogback´s lab in the list. Just as could be expected.

http://groups.msn.com/onepiecemanga/...to&PhotoID=418

Does this guy have a name? Like in an SBS or the Redbook? I've looked at the SBS but haven't seen any.

I've been taking to calling him Jack.
    I called it wrong, so long ago. I guess this needs to be changed.

Nope, he´s nameless so far. I´ve labeled him as "Annoyed First Mate" which as the color indicates is just made up in order to have a reference label to make it in the list.

It is just my personal speculation that he is the first mate, seeing it that he seems to have a commanding position and that he´s wearing a colar that actually only commodores, captains and their replacements wear. And since he can´t be the captain of the ship First Mate is a proper guess. And the annoyed part is because of his attitude in that page.

Of course once we get that far to see Rogers story revealed I´m sure that this guy will be named but until then, he remains unnamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    Nope, hes nameless so far. Ive labeled him as "Annoyed First Mate" which as the color indicates is just made up in order to have a reference label to make it in the list.

It is just my personal speculation that he is the first mate, seeing it that he seems to have a commanding position and that hes wearing a colar that actually only commodores, captains and their replacements wear. And since he cant be the captain of the ship First Mate is a proper guess. And the annoyed part is because of his attitude in that page.

Of course once we get that far to see Rogers story revealed Im sure that this guy will be named but until then, he remains unnamed.
    Yeah, I always thought he'd show up later, kind of like how Marco was a nameless background guy who spoke to Rockstar Briefly.

On topic, can anyone with the Yellow book tell me if the Rust Rust or Beri Beri no Mi fruit guys are named?
    I called it wrong, so long ago. I guess this needs to be changed.

Psst, I´m going to tell you a little secret. I hope you won´t tell anyone else. You can find the names of those guys in the list of the first post aS IT IS THE FRIGGIN INTENTION OF THIS THREAD TO LIST ALL CHARACTERS IN CHRONOLOGIC ORDER FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!!!!!

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer AWB's Avatar

For a while, I thought you had forgot to add the names of the latest characters...

Been reading Stephen's scripts, and in chapter 130, it's stated that Wapol's ship is named Bliking. I don't see that in the list, Ivotas. Is there a reason for that or am I missing it somewhere?

I usually wait for Stephen´s script to come out before I updated the Faq with the new additions. I may not use with all of his namings but he often comes up with stuff I nobody else thought about. The best example here is Vegapunk.^^

As far as the Bliking is concerned, I simply forgot it. Thanks for pointing it out.

Thank you PN for Avatar ^^ Gorlom's Avatar

i cant stop giggeling at the name "bliking"... bli = become in my native language, king is on the other hand spelled with an u.
    Baisicly the name would mean "become king" if it was spelled with an u instead of i =P

and since Wapol is trying to regain his throne... =P

(on second thought... Damn i must be tired to find that funny=P)
    What the...? Holy smurf am I slow! Until this statement of yours I never even realized that an octopus is actually serving octopusballs. Talk about not seeing the forest because of too many trees. *facepalm*

Hey it was still a intereast thing to point out Gorlom. If not to at least read. ;)

Huck

• Soro, pet wolf of Helmeppo.
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanizer View Post
    Sorro (Sooro)
    Updated the first post again. Thanks a lot for your help ocean and Janken Jack.
    However ocean I´ve got a question:
    2. In the anime episode where Zoro finishes Helmeppo´s dog/wolf off, Helmeppo says "Inugata!" Since I know that inu means dog in japanese I suspect that this is what he meant, or is it probably really an alternative name for the pet where Toei flawed the real name Sorro?
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanizer View Post
    2. How is it like in Manga?
    Just checked it, Helmeppo doesn´t even say a word in the flashback. Well I guess then that Inugata is wrong and we can go with Sorro. Or is it Soro (Sorro)?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkariel View Post
    Hellmeppo's dog is Soro

This conversation confused me, ivotas, oceanizer and Darkariel list Helmeppo’s dog as Sorro/Soro/and or Sooro? I’m not sure which is correct? Also ivotas says "Just checked it, Helmeppo doesn´t even say a word in the flashback" If he doesn’t say a word than where is the name Sorro/Soro for Helmeppo’s dog coming from?
    Does the original manga give Helmeppo’s dog a name or not?
    And if so how is it translated? And does it mean anything in Japanese?

Also as stated the anime dub gives the dog’s name as Inugata, why do you think they chose that word/name? Does it mean anything? Ivota says inu means dog, what about Inugata?
    And why the name change from Sorro/Soro/or Sooro to Inugata, Is there more of a meaning behind this?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Huck; October 19th, 2007 at 10:44 AM.

I don't watch anime, so I can't answer that part.

And my coworker has all of my One Piece volumes, so I can't check that, either. If anyone can link me to the raw page of where "Sorro/Soro/Sooro" comes out, then I might be able to comment better.

That name comes from One Piece Blue. It was never mentioned in the story.

The font on the OP has to be updated >_> the new skin matches the background XD

I´ll just leave it that way hoping for a soon return to the old skin. Either way it´s not like there´s an urgent need to change stuff.

Huck

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    That name comes from One Piece Blue. It was never mentioned in the story.
    So how would you translate it, as Sorro or Soro or something else? And does it mean anything in Japanese?
    Last edited by Huck; October 24th, 2007 at 11:25 AM.

I have a name question. Why the hell are people calling Oz, Odz? WTF? There's no d.

Because it has been proven that it is not "Oz" as in "the wizard of Oz" by a japaneese movie poster.

Odz is just one of the things we started to call him. Some calls him Orz some Odr and whatever the *beeep* they want.

Personally I call him Oggy.

(Greg had the full explanation in his signature a while back... dunno why he changed it)
    What the...? Holy smurf am I slow! Until this statement of yours I never even realized that an octopus is actually serving octopusballs. Talk about not seeing the forest because of too many trees. *facepalm*

Oggy? I just can't get it. I mean, in Japanese the name written オーズ. That literally means Ozu. Now, I'm not a Japanese expert(I only know a tiny bit of Katakana) but Odz just doesn't seem right. I mean, I'm not trying to argue or anything. I'm just curious.

Perhaps you can find something in this thread. (managed to dig up the post where greg dug up the poster)

http://www.apforums.net/showthread.php?p=563990&highlight=%22wizard#post56 3990

(and yeah i call him "Oggy" because i think he looks like an Ogre, and this whole nameing buissness became silly in the end.)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information