+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Technical Issues and Suggestions

of The One Piece Podcast Zach Logan's Avatar

Default Technical Issues and Suggestions

Hey all, if you're having any difficulties with the website whatsoever, I'm here to answer your questions on this thread. Here are our different feeds:

.... AAC/M4A (Enhanced) ................. MP3 (Basic) ................... Video (Vidcast) .........

The AAC (Enhanced) feed includes logo images, and occasionally additional images. These work natively on iTunes, but after researching there are some codecs for Windows Media Player and Winamp:

Windows Media Player (Codec)
    VLC
    WinAmp

The MP3 (Basic) should work on any and all media players. The vidcast is also native to iTunes and should work on most major video players.

With that out of the way, ask any technical questions you may have!
    Host and Founder
    The One Piece Podcast

The views expressed are solely my own.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Default Re: Technical Issues and Suggestions

When I download the podcast and try to watch it it says that there's an extension that my WMP doesn't have that's trying to play the podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostLegendary View Post
    When I download the podcast and try to watch it it says that there's an extension that my WMP doesn't have that's trying to play the podcast.
    What feed are you using, and have you tried any of the above players/add-ons?
    Host and Founder
    The One Piece Podcast

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Logan View Post
    What feed are you using, and have you tried any of the above players/add-ons?
    I just clicked on the video to play it and tried downloading that. I haven't download one of those add-ons.

Discovered Stowaway CommanderPepper's Avatar

I have a suggestion. You guys should add some links that correspond with the news section or some OP merch that you metion in each podcast.

i am new to the podcast and downloding backwards slowly.

i have troube with podcast names and mp3 name. Episode 126, “Bananagator. Mp3 name OP_Podcast_0319-MP3. Why the number difference.

And where is the podcast between Episode 136, “It’s-a Me, Luffy!” Episode 131, “One Piece High School Host Club” 132,133,134,135 ? After clicikng older enteries it goes to 131. There is forum links for them. Thanks ...

Pirates : Best Pirate game ever

Quote Originally Posted by obihal View Post
    i am new to the podcast and downloding backwards slowly.

i have troube with podcast names and mp3 name. Episode 126, “Bananagator. Mp3 name OP_Podcast_0319-MP3. Why the number difference.

And where is the podcast between Episode 136, “It’s-a Me, Luffy!” Episode 131, “One Piece High School Host Club” 132,133,134,135 ? After clicikng older enteries it goes to 131. There is forum links for them. Thanks ...

For some reason no one has ever asked me this. I'm not sure what your problem is, but this is how podcast episode numbering works (cause I like to make things far more complicated then they need to be):

0101 - Episode 1 - "Pilot"
    This is Season 1 ("01") Episode 1 ("01") hence: "0101"

0234 - Episode 97 - "Porchemy Penisface"
    This is Season 2 ("02") Episode 33 of the season ("33") even though it's Episode 97, it's code is "0234." It's my way of tracking how many episodes we do per season and kind of making things easier for me on the production end so I can keep things four digits. Well, that's how I justify it.

So episode 150, for example, will be coded 0401.
    Host and Founder
    The One Piece Podcast

For some reason no one has ever asked me this. I'm not sure what your problem is, ....
    Ok. Thanks. Problem is my weak memory. Because downloading backwards sometimes i forget which ep. i last listened. And then diff. numbers confuses me more :P Like i listened 322 last and forget its name at the podcast download page.

Quote Originally Posted by obihal View Post
    Ok. Thanks. Problem is my weak memory. Because downloading backwards sometimes i forget which ep. i last listened. And then diff. numbers confuses me more :P Like i listened 322 last and forget its name at the podcast download page.
    The schedule pages can help you out with that: http://www.onepiecepodcast.com/?page_id=1470
    Host and Founder
    The One Piece Podcast

The schedule pages can help you out with that: http://www.onepiecepodcast.com/?page_id=1470
    Super. Thanks again

7transformation duck rider Chopper Madness's Avatar

im not sure if this is the case and i just cant find it but you should put all the dance carnivals in a seperate place (in addition to the ep they air) i have a few friends that would listen to those but they dont read the manga and dont want to be spoiled so they wont listen to the podcast normally...

so if you can put the Dance carnival some where separate you could prolly get a few new listeners

3ds friend code: 2509-2091-9671

This is probably a dumb question, but I couldn't find an answer anywhere.

I'm looking to start listening to the podcast from episode 1, I have subscribed to the AAC feed (via iTunes), and can only see the last seven or so episodes available for download. I know I can download them one at a time in .mp3 format via the website, but is there a problem with the RSS, or am I just missing something?.

Yeah, I have a major problem as well. It seems that, as of today, I am unable to download your podcast episodes and play them on iTunes. I can still perfectly play the episodes that I've previously downloaded just fine, but just about an hour ago I wanted to listen to Episode 129 "3D13Y", and the wait time until it's finished downloading fluctuated from 2 1/2 Hours - 11 1/2 Hours!!!! The download speed was perfectly fine and fast yesterday night when I downloaded and played The "Strongcast GOLD", but today I am continuously running into this problem no matter which episode I pick to download now, even the most recent one. I have never seen the download speed run this slow before nor have had a problem like this previously.

Please Help!!!!
    Last edited by Rogues' Gallery; January 6th, 2011 at 05:32 PM.

Novel I'm working on: The Dutchman
    Chapters Completed: 1!!
    Twitch / Blogspot

I am proud to announce that after months of trying to fix it, iTunes now displays all backlogged One Piece Podcast episode. This means that if you subscribe you can download any podcast episode straight from iTunes. Hope you guys enjoy, just click the link below to subscribe, then rate and review the podcast.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/t...st/id318542351
    Host and Founder
    The One Piece Podcast

How can i get the pictures to display in the m4a/aac file using VLC?

I just recently discovered the podcast and you guys do a great job. Loved your review of chapter 627. My problem is sort of similar to Kagehisa’s. I download your videos and play them with Windows Media Player, but I can’t seem to display the pictures. I know it’s something to do with the settings (I have the visualization set to alchemy right now because the other options don't work either). I just can’t figure out what the settings should be for the pics to be displayed. Any suggestions?

Download the episode and play it in iTunes.

I'd like to start listening to the podcasts on my Droid phone (preferably the AAC enhanced ones). Which is the best way to do so? I know there are a few apps out there (need a free one) but I don't know if any of them will have this podcast or if I just get one that reads RSS feeds.

Posted in Raftel Forums but that was months ago and never got an answer so I just never listened to the podcast except for a few times when I tried a few (shitty) apps.

Quote Originally Posted by ponyjc View Post
    I'd like to start listening to the podcasts on my Droid phone (preferably the AAC enhanced ones). Which is the best way to do so? I know there are a few apps out there (need a free one) but I don't know if any of them will have this podcast or if I just get one that reads RSS feeds.

Posted in Raftel Forums but that was months ago and never got an answer so I just never listened to the podcast except for a few times when I tried a few (shitty) apps.
    I have no idea (I don't have an Android phone) but I'll look around to see if any good apps exist. Let me know if/when you find something if I don't.
    Host and Founder
    The One Piece Podcast

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information