+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The episode 128 TV broadcast DID have the family ending, and here's the proof.

Default The episode 128 TV broadcast DID have the family ending, and here's the proof.

I wandered over to the one piece wiki, where I discovered this: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Family

Apparently people are convinced that the first family ending was created solely by K-F for their release of episode 128.
    Here is the original TV broadcast raw of episode 127-128:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D7MKBFQJ

If you look carefully, you'll notice that the timing is slightly different from K-F's ending, because the fansub release had to be re-created using DVD raws. Unfortunately, as we all know, it wasn't released on the Japanese or American DVD sets, so this is the only known copy.

Default Re: The episode 128 TV broadcast DID have the family ending, and here's the proof.

There's finally proof so it's verifiable. The Japanese DVDs don't have it, so it hasn't been source-able. Now it is.

Neat.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Default Re: The episode 128 TV broadcast DID have the family ending, and here's the proof.

Slightly late but, thanks for this. =)
    My Livejournal/blog
    Quote Originally Posted by JERK DISEASE View Post
    His character is dull now anyway, he's a smug little ace, I miss the part 1 Shikamaru, the dunce who was actually smart. That whole thematic world is dead and gone and I don't think Kishi even remembers it.

Augh! And Funimation did not include it in their DVDs? How dare they? They lied to us! We must take this to court, we must show this proof to the world! We shall have their blood! K-F shall no longer live in shame, for we now know they were right all along! This is a new day, my friends, a day of...

Yeah, thanks for this information. Good to know.

LOL.

Eh, so we were wrong. That's ONE sin that K-F has been cleared of.

K-F brought quality fansubs to the people. You know you watched 'em if you were a fan back in the day, so there's no need to hate on them.
    K-F|Jango

A Chef's Knife Is His Soul Chef Nate's Avatar

well geez,

i can finally sleep good tonight knowing that this incredibly important groundbreaking mystery has been solved.
    You can't be a cook if your afraid of fire!!!

One Piece Volume Count- 16
    One Piece DVD Count- 0
    One Piece PoP Count- 0

Quote Originally Posted by Randy1031 View Post
    K-F brought quality fansubs to the people. You know you watched 'em if you were a fan back in the day, so there's no need to hate on them.
    One word: Nakama

Discovered Stowaway

here we go again

I thought it was on the funi sets. Why would they leave it off? I could have sworn someone posted the dub version of the song on youtube or something on here.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Randy1031 View Post
    Sorry Randy, but Kaizoku Fansubs is beyond redemption. (At least, on AP it is.) There's nothing anyone can do to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Sack View Post
    One word: Nakama
    Why's this such a big issue anyway? It's not like we're all worse off for having learned a new word.

We're worse off because we got so many damn idiots CLAIMING WITH ALL THEIR MIGHT AND SOUL to leave the word untranslated.

Damn, was that annoying.....Thankfully it's been dying down, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I thought it was on the funi sets. Why would they leave it off? I could have sworn someone posted the dub version of the song on youtube or something on here.
    Nope. It was only on TV in Japan, not DVD. So when FUNi got the materials to work with, chances are they didn't get that from the original airing.

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Would this place have even ever existed without kf?

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Why's this such a big issue anyway? It's not like we're all worse off for having learned a new word.
    Because instead of just being a new japanese word that people learned, it became a magical word that cannot be translated ever in any circumstances and has no english equivilent.

I'd even sort of accept it in OP, since there it does take on a bit of extra meaning of "shipmate, closer to family than just a friend", but then it carries over to over things and becomes ridiculous.

And once you've heard the phrase "Wolverine protects his nakama!" it just sounds really stupid.
    Last edited by Robby; October 18th, 2010 at 03:59 AM. Reason: and it set the precedent for Haki
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    Would this place have even ever existed without kf?
    Yes, because Aftershock and I created it before even hearing about them.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    And once you've heard the phrase "Wolverine protects his nakama!" it just sounds really stupid.
    Tell me who said that.

I wanna smack 'em. With a glove. Fitted with jagged spikes. Right in the face. -_-

Mythically Inept Inventor dan2026's Avatar

I bet half the current fanbase wouldn't even exist without Kaizoku-Fansubs.
    I have no great devotion to them, but if you can't appreciate what they did for the fandom, you are an idiot.

I also noticed the tv broadcast of 128 has brighter white spots in the bathhouse scene than the DVD version which looks more uncut even though it isn't.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information