+ Reply to Thread
Page 315 of 316 FirstFirst ... 215 265 305 313 314 315 316 LastLast
Results 6,281 to 6,300 of 6307

Thread: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Default Re: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

I don’t know much about the film Taxi Driver but I heard Joker is very similar to that. Saw it’s on Netflix and thought of giving it a watch before going to see Joker (if I do see it)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what hes lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

I saw Joker the other night. I thought it was absolutely.....OK. Nothing amazing, but not terrible.

I mean there are a few twists in it, and some mind games played, but it's exactly what you'd think it is after seeing the trailer. Mentally ill guy gets treated like shit by everyone, snaps, and keeps going further off the deep end. That's the film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

The more I hear about the Joker movie, the more I think that its prerelease public hype/criticism and superhero genre legacy going forward will be more interesting to analyze than the film itself.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Really great performance form Joaquin Phoenix :-o

I really liked the movie.

I'm very confused as to why people seem to think this movie is going to sweep the oscars, it's got a 69% on Rotten Tomatoes that's barley higher than Thor Dark World

I mean I wouldn't be surprised if Joaquin Pheniox gets a best actor award at all, he did an amazing job just not sure it will win much else

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

The score went down cause critics are reeing.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

I'm not all that interested in the Joker character, but I can't really resist Joaquin movies. He's just too good at his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    I'm very confused as to why people seem to think this movie is going to sweep the oscars, it's got a 69% on Rotten Tomatoes that's barley higher than Thor Dark World.
    Ratings on RT don't necessarily mean much...

Green Book - 78%
    Bohemian Rhapsody - 61%
    Vice - 66%
    American Sniper - 72%
    The Revenant - 79%
    Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - 46%

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Ratings on RT don't necessarily mean much...

Green Book - 78%
    Bohemian Rhapsody - 61%
    Vice - 66%
    American Sniper - 72%
    The Revenant - 79%
    Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - 46%
    Yeah, at least a few of those deserved even lower scores than they got.

Just like certain other recent movies, the marketing and coverage from press and customers plus screechers (counting plenty of witless famous figures) causing a Streisand Effect in a desperate attempt to badmouth it, tells an engrossing story that said product could never hope to match.

So anyone get shot by a Incel?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    The more I hear about the Joker movie, the more I think that its prerelease public hype/criticism and superhero genre legacy going forward will be more interesting to analyze than the film itself.
    I've pretty much gone around saying that it's 2019's funhouse mirror version of Ghostbusters (2016) in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Chaos View Post
    So anyone get shot by a Incel?
    There was brief panic at one theater cause a dude was stalking the aisles for some reason.

The movie isn't incel wankerery. Joaquin did a really good job.
    Spoiler:
    He seemed to channel that weird interview he did years ago lol. I liked the one twist involving the girl. I disliked the 2 twists with Thomas Wayne. In general I didn't like how Wayne was portrayed. They made him a standard CEO corporate smug ass.

I'm weirded out how Bruce was like a husk of a child. How are you gonna stand there and let some strange man put his fingers in your mouth?

The movie basically played like how I thought it would for this type of content. I think it would have been better if it wasn't tied to comic books. Cause you mentally go in trying to figure how certain characters go from point A to point B. It definitely wasn't a feel good movie. Which I guess is good? You don't really want a villain with a happy ending.

Overall the movie was fine. The acting was good, the music was well done and the cinematography was interesting.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    I saw Joker the other night. I thought it was absolutely.....OK. Nothing amazing, but not terrible.

I mean there are a few twists in it, and some mind games played, but it's exactly what you'd think it is after seeing the trailer. Mentally ill guy gets treated like shit by everyone, snaps, and keeps going further off the deep end. That's the film.
    Id'say this is likely the most honest review that I'll find out there, and it convinced me to go and watch it, after all, haven't visited theaters since EndGame.

I didn't like Joker. I mean, I didn't like anything at all in this movie. And I thought the film was too soft for a Joker movie. Also, this guy is too dumb to be the Joker. He is no match for Batman.

Batman's a kid here. Joker can go to school in the meantime.

I'm mean this Joker would be 50-pushing 60 by the point this Bruce starts out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    I'm mean this Joker would be 50-pushing 60 by the point this Bruce starts out.
    I don't get why that doesn't bother people more.

Telltale's Batman game had a Riddler that was older than Batman so it's not really anything unusual. Unless you're simply used to most Batman stories having certain characters be a certain age or behave a certain way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information