+ Reply to Thread
Page 216 of 316 FirstFirst ... 116 166 206 214 215 216 217 218 226 266 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,320 of 6311

Thread: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

Default Re: DC Movies Thread - Dawn of Just Usually Edgy Events

We should have most of that stuff in the movie. So they basically butchered the movie with the editing? Those were all scenes filmed before the movie's launch right?

Unless a film is super tightly boarded and scripted at the start, most films end up running about 3 hours on a first pass edit, and then get trimmed down for pacing reasons to fit into a 2 hour or less run time.

Usually its a few seconds here, a line there, something that turns out to be redundant once you see it all together, something that kills the pace, a scene that just wasn't needed and it doesn't hurt the film at all to have it gone.

If a film that is already 2.5 hours long needs an extra 30 minutes to explain itself, then it still has problems, and generally adding in a little more expositiory dialogue isn't going to wholecloth fix the problems.

See also the Hobbit films... where in the theatrical they cut out some important stuff from the books that should have stayed in, while leaving in goofy filler that could have been much more readily cut. You can soooort of say with those that they always knew there would be extended editions so they didn't put the full effort into the theatrical edition... but really, those were a case where they could have cut a lot more for a more rewarding experience.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Cut scenes are coming!
    Last edited by Lef; June 16th, 2016 at 10:10 AM. Reason: :^) glad i saved all 21 of them

The turnaround opinion on this movie because of a bunch of extra scenes is baffling to me. The movie had much more problems than just a shoddy plot. Having Superman save a handful of people and Jena Malone play some ARGUS flunkie doesn't change that. Plus it's Snyder's own damn fault for AGAIN making way too long a movie with an endless amount of filler plots.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    The turnaround opinion on this movie because of a bunch of extra scenes is baffling to me. The movie had much more problems than just a shoddy plot. Having Superman save a handful of people and Jena Malone play some ARGUS flunkie doesn't change that. Plus it's Snyder's own damn fault for AGAIN making way too long a movie with an endless amount of filler plots.
    My opnion still stands, the extra scenes just make the movie less of a mess.

That and no one told them to not make this into a straight up sequel to MOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

The problems of the movie ran far deeper than a few extra scenes can fix.

Quote Originally Posted by madriano View Post
    That remains to be seen, still got a month left to go.

LOVE AND PEACE

Quote Originally Posted by tarrin4ever View Post
    That remains to be seen, still got a month left to go.
    Hmm... I'd say that little summary is about enough to see how it all fits into the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by madriano View Post
    I agree. After reading that summary of what's been added it definitely makes it less of a mess, but the mess is still there.

I highly doubt my opinion of this movie is going to be dramatically swayed by the extended cut. I'm gonna check it out of course, but unless a tonal shift is gonna happen in it as well, I highly doubt they're gonna be able to do much more than possibly have the plot make a little more sense.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel[/CENTER]

Lot of people just couldn't wait before hating this movie. I know I'm late, the movie isn't in theater anymore but whatever.

The movie had much more problems than just a shoddy plot. Having Superman save a handful of people and Jena Malone play some ARGUS flunkie doesn't change that.

Actually, this

Spoiler:
    In the prison scene, Lex makes it abundantly clear that he knows Batman is Bruce.

isn't just Superman beating the crap out of some villains, but it is some very important shit. The " who knows my identity" between Superman/Batman/Lex was very very fuzzy in the movie.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

I also didn't get it from the theatrical cut at all that it was actually Lex who got those people in prison with the bat mark killed, to make Batman look even worse. So yeah the ultimate cut will smooth some stuff out, but in the end the weak script will stay the same. I thankfully can still enjoy bvs same way I look past the shody transformers scripts and just have fun, but hopefully justice league will be actually great.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Freecs View Post
    The " who knows my identity" between Superman/Batman/Lex was very very fuzzy in the movie.
    Not really.

Lex on Superman - "The shortest distance between any 2 points is a straight path. And I believe the swiftest path to Superman......is a pretty little road called Lois Lane."
    Lex on Batman - "Ripe fruit, his hate. 2 years growing. But it did not take much to push him over actually. Little red notes, big bang. You let your family die!"

Looking back on
    "You should, not pick a fight with this person.", back then Lex already knew, even offered partnership to Bruce "Maybe we could, be partner on something. My R&D is up to all sorts of no good."

Plus for many the problem with the movie lies in tone and the characters not adhering to built headcanon.
    Last edited by Lef; June 18th, 2016 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lef View Post
    Looking back on[/FONT][/COLOR] "You should, not pick a fight with this person.", back then Lex already knew, even offered partnership to Bruce "Maybe we could, be partner on something. My R&D is up to all sorts of no good."
    Maybe the extended version will establish that he figured out who Batman was after that scene?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel[/CENTER]

Guys, raking a few tires off the top of a garbage fire doesn't put it out. It just makes for less smoke and slightly less odor.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    Maybe the extended version will establish that he figured out who Batman was after that scene?
    He most have known for some time. He was sending letters to Bruce Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    Lex had enough of suspicion on Batman identity to intercept Wallace checks, for a duration of.... at least 9 months (going by the amount of checks we are shown). The party happens after Wallace get's arrested for defacing Superman statue, while the party is a nice way to confirm or debunk that suspicion, one should also note the absence of Batman folder (and Superman's for that matter) on Lex's research into metahumans. The absence of files can be contributed to Lex a)knowing Batman to be human, b)predicting Batman to steal the files and removing them beforehand, not to alarm Bruce, c)combination of both.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Guys, raking a few tires off the top of a garbage fire doesn't put it out. It just makes for less smoke and slightly less odor.
    What's the best film in the the world ever made in your opinion ?

That is a highly loaded question.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information