Closed Thread
Page 345 of 500 FirstFirst ... 245 295 335 343 344 345 346 347 355 395 445 ... LastLast
Results 6,881 to 6,900 of 9998

Thread: Funimation dvd discussion II ( UPDATED 8/4/12, FIRST POST FOR F.A.Q)

Default Re: Funimation dvd discussion II (PLEASE READ FIRST POST FOR F.A.Q.)

July or August. September is pushing it, but for them it's still worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    Rock Lee: What is it Kakashi sensei?
    Kakashi: It was as if a million fangirls cried out in agony and were suddenly silenced!

We'll find out in a week or two whether or not we'll be seeing Season 4 in July...Sure hope so.

We probably won't be seeing Season 4 until the collections are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    We probably won't be seeing Season 4 until the collections are done.
    We've had this discussion before!

Then again, we've had many discussions before in this thread over the course of the last year.

I'd still like to be hopeful. I mean, even though the wait for Collection 6 was longer than expected, our estimates of the Collections reaching the end of Season 3 at Fall looks like it'll still happen (and obviously until Collection 6 came along with a longer gap for June release, FUNi was aiming for the 8-week release schedule they had with OP's Voyages). And I'd say FUNi knew it would end right around the Fall timeframe. So I don't see why they'd announce the release in the summer when they knew the Collections would take longer than that to release. I mean, they only had two Collections out at the time Season 4 was announced, and I seriously doubt they thought they'd release 6 more of them before Summer ends.

To me it sounds more like they don't have a problem with releasing Season 4 with the last of the (S3 Voyage) Collections simultaneously.

We get Season 4 this summer and the Collections will probably end in Fall 2012. I've said it before and I'll say it again: FUNimation has this all planned out on schedule, the Collections separate from the Voyages. Just because One Piece is a great series doesn't mean they're going to disrupt their schedules just so One Piece can be in order. They have to release a certain amount of titles in a month, and it's been planned accordingly.

Next topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    Rock Lee: What is it Kakashi sensei?
    Kakashi: It was as if a million fangirls cried out in agony and were suddenly silenced!

I'm still going with my gut that Season 4 will be release in the fall. Simply for the fact Funi pretty much like to finished the rerelease of older episodes before releasing of new episodes. They have done this with many times with there series (They did this with Slayers before they release Seasons 4 and 5, They did it with Sgt. Frog before last year release of Season 3 by rereleasing Seasons 1 and 2 in bigger boxsets like they are currently doing to One Piece.). But this is just my opinion.

Discovered Stowaway

Sano, I'm sorry, but that really doesn't make a whole lot of sense...especially when you consider where they were at in January, in regards to the dubbing progress. Given that, and operating on the assumption that they had to have at least finished dubbing for the first voyage by now and are working on the last tasks before sending to the printer, and their original estimate of summer....I really can't see them sitting on it until they've finished releasing the collections. Even less so when thinking about it in a business context...after all, what possible good would it do them to sit on a finished voyage for an extra couple of months? It makes them absolutely no money to do so.

The only possible reason I could see them delaying a release until fall at this point would be to release the voyages a la Fairy Tail. But that's simply too good to be true.

I would have to guess that July sees a fairly decent chance, and failing that, August almost certainly.

And the thing about Slayers is that they didn't redub the first three seasons. There wasn't that much work (relatively speaking) to go into that. And as far as Sgt. Frog goes, there was only what? Around 50 episodes? As opposed to One Piece's 206?

I'm not looking foward to Foxy (and filler) too much, but Kokoro no Chizu and HD episodes make up for it- so I can't wait!

My assumption is that they'll release it at the end of summer. But who knows, someone told me they'll release July's schedule in a week or so- we'll find out then. A July release would be nice.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

And no, I don't think the release of the collections has much to do with the release of the voyages. If memory serves, they've released two sets of the same show in the same month before- one new, one reboxed.

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

blasphemy - Foxy is fucking amazing, fillers or not
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

maybe when we find out if s4 is in the lineup for Julys scheduled releases , they may begin to announce the cast.

I doubt there'll be any announced cast at all. It's not like characters that appeared in Seasons 1 and 2 had their casts known before release (except for those in the video game and movie), so I don't see this being any different.

http://www.facebook.com/tonyolivervoiceactor/posts/10150779140995948?comment_id=23633135

Looks like Tony Oliver was the voice of Itomimizu (announcer during the Davy Back Fight arc). This'll be his first time in One Piece.
    Last edited by Maron; April 5th, 2012 at 08:32 PM.

Ooh, nice.
    It's good to know at least some work is being done.
    Nothing here for now

When you think about that, isn't this the only news we've been given on Season 4 since it's original announcement in October?

I mean, I don't really count stuff like "recording in the 220's" as much news since they'll be outta there in a few weeks and it becomes irrelevant and outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by Maron View Post
    When you think about that, isn't this the only news we've been given on Season 4 since it's original announcement in October?

I mean, I don't really count stuff like "recording in the 220's" as much news since they'll be outta there in a few weeks and it becomes irrelevant and outdated.
    We got some info out of the one piece podcast, but I have forgotten what so meh..
    I made this terrible username almost 6 years ago!

All Mike said was stuff about how they were in the 210s and the VAs having extra hours to record so they can get back into their roles and stuff like that. That's all well and good (I like hearing stuff like that) but that's stuff you'd expect to hear in a commentary.

I'm talking more about actual news on the sets. Don't mean to sound like a brat I just think it'd be nice to get a little bite of news every now and then. Even just being told who's the singers for OP 5 and ED 14 would be nice. It doesn't have to be a big thing.

Oh well, shouldn't be long now till we find out if we'll be seeing a release in July or not. If it is, I'd say we can expect more news to pour out starting in May.

I'll definitely be disappointed if we don't hear of a July release.

It was confirmed at Anime Boston FUNimation doesn't have blu ray rights for One Piece season 4. There's your news Maron.
    I made this terrible username almost 6 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by LUFFY#1 fan View Post
    It was confirmed at Anime Boston FUNimation doesn't have blu ray rights for One Piece season 4. There's your news Maron.
    Crap,looks like ill be double dipping, for whenever they do get the rights

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LUFFY#1 fan View Post
    They don't?! That sucks! I may end up having to wait on getting Season 4 now. While I do want to support the DVD releases (which I have done w/ buying all the voyages and the DVD and BD OP Movie 8), I refuse to get duped by Funimation with them releasing a DVD-only version first (like w/ Sekirei and Heaven's Lost Property S2), and then down the line, they release a DVD/BD combo pack. Now if they were to release a BD-only version later on down the road, then I'll definitely pick up the DVD version. I just don't want to buy a DVD version now, then get another DVD version w/ my BD.
    Youtube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/devilkicksanji2

Creator of: Green Green Abridged and DearS Abridged
    Writer and Co-Creator of: Angel Beats! Insanity

Mythically Inept Inventor dan2026's Avatar

Wait, wasn't it previously stated that Funimation have the HD masters for 207+?
    And yet they don't have the Blu-ray rights?

This doesn't make any sense to me.

Closed Thread

Thread Information