+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1342

Thread: Dragon Quest thread : DQXI on PS4, 3DS & Switch

Discovered Stowaway

Default Re: Dragon Quest thread : DQXI on PS4, 3DS & Switch

DQ 11 is really aggravating me with how unpredictable the forging stuff is. I want to get every recipe item at Perfection rank but there's so damn many of them and they all have different numbers of spots to bash, and to top it off it seems like even if I get the same number of branches to hit gold, I'll get two different results (one Success and one Perfection) on two different attempts for no apparent reason.

I didn't know Hiccup was a Dragon Quest protagonist.

I want to believe too big guy
    3ds code friend:0404-6254-1866
    new "new"3ds code friend:0791-4253-7110 (monster hunter)

Discovered Stowaway

Stuck at that stupid part where you have to fight two bosses back-to-back without your health or magic being restored between one fight and another where the second boss can steal your MP. Really don't want to have to level grind but I don't know what else would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    I didn't know Hiccup was a Dragon Quest protagonist.
    Wow, you weren't kidding, what's with the character designs? They look barely anything like DQV!

It seems to me that they couldn't get Toriyama, or saw how uncany Goku and friends look in Jump Force and said "let's try something else this time"

The boy isn't that Hiccupish, but the warrior girl is way too Astrid.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Yeah, not sure why they'd stray from the Toriyama style, the more recent games have basically figured out how to do it in CG so it looks okay.

Is it an effort to appeal to a wider world audience and not just Dragonball fans? Is it because Toriyama eyes look weird in CG on the big screen?

Looks good though, and 5 is either my favorite or second favorite, so.... yaye?
    Last edited by Robby; April 5th, 2019 at 01:37 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I'm certain dragon ball is more famous that how to train your dragon.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I think Dragon Quest Builders 2 might just be the best game to come out so far this year. They improved every aspect of the first game and then turned it into a very Kirby Superstar-esque adventure, with each island being inspired by a different game genre.
    Plus it's incredibly meaty: I've been playing for over 65 hours and the main story's still going.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    I think Dragon Quest Builders 2 might just be the best game to come out so far this year. They improved every aspect of the first game and then turned it into a very Kirby Superstar-esque adventure, with each island being inspired by a different game genre.
    Plus it's incredibly meaty: I've been playing for over 65 hours and the main story's still going.
    It is very, very good. Still has some annoyances--so much text!--but the central hub island is such a better version of what they tried to do in the first game.

Also, probably goes without saying, but no need to play the first one before getting into this.

Square Enix announced that Dragon Quest 1-3 will be released on Switch in the west on September 27th, the same day as Dragon Quest 11S!

Dragon Quest 1 will cost $4.99 USD, Dragon Quest 2 will be $6.49 USD and Dragon Quest III will cost $12.49 USD.

Welp, no better time for me to hop on the DQ wagon with four titles coming to the Switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Welp, no better time for me to hop on the DQ wagon with four titles coming to the Switch.
    Just be warned, the first game hasn't aged very well. As you might expect from something that basically created the genre.

At least its short, it's only like 10 hours. You can do it in a single sitting.

2 and 3 are better, (and have a party) and are about 20 hours each.

4-6 are 30-40 hours... but if you get to 7, 8, 9 or 11... hoo boy, those are all 100+ hour games.

I still haven't finished 7, and I played the "more respectful of your time" 3DS version. 8 remains my overall favorite, 5 the best for story and party, 4 the best for unique way of handling the story.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

DQ is so short that you won’t notice too much of its flaws.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

If you've played any of the other games let alone any RPG that followed it I like to think it's flaws will readily be apparent. Especially the obligatory typo that sneaks into a text heavy game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

As a non native English speaker, I face more typos and grammar mistakes in what I write.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I played through Phantasy Star 3. I'm pretty sure I can play through any old school RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    As a non native English speaker, I face more typos and grammar mistakes in what I write.
    I speak and write english by default and like one in probably 5 things I type has a typo in in as much I try to avoid it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Square Enix announced that Dragon Quest 1-3 will be released on Switch in the west on September 27th, the same day as Dragon Quest 11S!

Dragon Quest 1 will cost $4.99 USD, Dragon Quest 2 will be $6.49 USD and Dragon Quest III will cost $12.49 USD.
    Kind of a shame we're still waiting on Final Fantasy 1-6 when they've already got 7 and 8 and are working on 9, as far as I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Six in total.

Dragon Quest Builders 1 and 2 fall within the Erdrick canon, so it's worth playing them after you've played the original trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    Kind of a shame we're still waiting on Final Fantasy 1-6 when they've already got 7 and 8 and are working on 9, as far as I can remember.
    I'm sure we'll get the mobile ports of those too.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    I still haven't finished 7, and I played the "more respectful of your time" 3DS version.
    7 is great but you really need to take it slow and enjoy the NPC dialogue. Each island has its own unique culture, religion and dialect and they're all fleshed out surprisingly well.

It's a lot like One Piece, really. If you don't stop to enjoy each arc because you're rushing to the end you'll be miserable and never get there.
    Last edited by RoboBlue; September 17th, 2019 at 07:04 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information