+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreams Discussion Thread

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

Default Re: Dreams Discussion Thread

I kept putting on the wrong shoes, and I didn't want to take the time to climb in and out of my car just to drive back (umwhat), so I ran back to uh ... wherever it was my shoes were (I don't know, I don't usually remember much about my damn dreams), and then would run back home before noticing that my shoes were still wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt monkey AL View Post
    I kept putting on the wrong shoes, and I didn't want to take the time to climb in and out of my car just to drive back (umwhat), so I ran back to uh ... wherever it was my shoes were (I don't know, I don't usually remember much about my damn dreams), and then would run back home before noticing that my shoes were still wrong.
    I used to have dreams all the time where I forgot my shoes, pants, shirt, stuff like that when I went to school. Now how the hell would I forget to put on pants or a shirt ?

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

What's weird about this particular dream is that for one, I remembered it, and secondly, I don't own a lot of shoes so it seems odd.

In fact, one of the shoes I was wearing only LOOKED like a pair of one of my shoes.

I think there was something about a Mexican fast food place at the end too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

Bump.

I think this was the night before last. It had something to do with a nuclear power plant, I and a few other people were going to explore it or something. So we're going there and there's this narrow passage with high walls that had to be walked through to get there. The only problem was that there were 5 or 6 spider webs built between the walls and the spiders were massive, I'm talking at least a foot in diameter. Everyone else manages to avoid the webs, ducking under and such but I for some reason cannot or don't want to do that. So I run straight through and get these spiders clinging to me and I'm freaking out and then the dream moves ahead.

Recent dream:
    I was in a luxury hotel, with a huge pool, I was there to make a party for a female member of AP forums (I guess it was charmed "that girl with a Law-tori avatar" something).

So I made everything in time, but (I don´t know how )I was not in the party, I was checking my AP account and it had 11 notifications, all of them were from members saying stuff like "This party is so awesome" and "come here and enjoy the party".

Next I arrived at the party (was already night), but no one was there (the music, lights and smoke was still there) so I started to dance a weird/awesome choreography with some random ninjas and some fat clows.
    Last edited by C_uggs; July 28th, 2011 at 07:09 AM.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

I had a dream in which I was in some new arc of one piece following Sanji around. It took place in some sort of haunted cove, and we (Sanji, Zoro, and I) had to get some magic eight ball that had a code that would break Luffy free from some chains on a sacrificial altar. Lola was also helping out.

Best part of the dream was that Sanji had character development.

Good times.

Oooh, sweet, I always feel so much better after writing down my dreams. I might as well do it here.

This dream is a few days old, but it still, uhm, kinda "sticks around" since I remember it so well. I also I haven't dreamed anything else since that.

First of all: I tend to get murdered in my dreams. A lot. I think it has something to do with stress (which I have plenty of because I always want to achieve more and more).
    I know that most people wake up before they die in their dreams, but I usually don't. I just switch places once I'm dead and either watch the scene from the perspective of the killer or from above. I have to admit, that really fascinates me as I get to experience death as a "fading away into darkness" kind of thing. It's a very interesting feeling. However, the killing process itself isn't all that nice to experience since my killers always take their sweet time and torture me a bit before they eventually kill me.

In my last dream I got choked to death.
    The guy that attacked me (it's always some random, tall and very strong dude that attacks me for no reason whatsoever. There is no story around the murder, it just happens) apparently wanted to make me suffer a bit. Of course. He choked me until I nearly passed out, then let go and started to beat me up. I think he had something he beat me with, like a bat, but I didn't exactly have the time to watch him. I was curled up on the floor, covering my face as good as I could.
    After a few minutes of beating, he picked me up and choked me again, then repeated the whole thing. While the beating wasn't all that bad (my body just got numb after a while), my throat hurt so much. Every breath felt like someone cut me up from the inside out.
    By the third time he picked me up to choke me again he finally finished the job and killed me for good.

The feeling of pain always stays for a few minutes after I wake up, so I tend to remember it pretty well even long after the dream itself. That's why that dream is still bothering me a bit now.

I just had a dream I was asking Kirsten Stewart whether he name is Kirsten or Kristen, and why she acts bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I wonder what was Bale's reaction when the stunt double broke the imax camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

This may be a stupid question or a least sound stupid but oh well...

Do any of you dream the future?
    Let me explain.

There were many dreams when I didn't felt free for some reason. It felt like I was in a body I couldn't control. It lasted only for a few moments and when I woke up, I couldn't remember anything about that dream. However, when, in real life, the stuff I dreamt, is happening I feel the same kind of... inability like in the dream. And everything happens as I dreamt it before.

Please tell me I'm not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by captain Ugly View Post
    Recent dream:
    I was in a luxury hotel, with a huge pool, I was there to make a party for a female member of AP forums (I guess it was charmed "that girl with a Law-tori avatar" something).

So I made everything in time, but (I don´t know how ) was not in the party, I was checking my AP account and it had 11 notifications all of them were from members saying stuff like "This party is so awesome" and "come here and enjoy the party".

Next I arrived at the party (was already night), but no one was there (the music, lights and smoke was still there) so I started to dance a weird/awesome choreography with some random ninjas and some fat clows.
    Thanks for the party, m'dear It was awesome
    Just your average Sherlock/Eragon/Game of Thrones/One Piece/Harry Potter/Dr Who/Supernatural fan

My blog: http://companion-in-training.tumblr.com/

I would probably give this thread nightmares.

Or just a collosal mind f**k.
    I remember some of my dreams, and some of them I don't.
    I remember when I was little I had a reoccuring dream and I would shit bricks I swear ; A ; I'd always wake up like '; A ;' and I was surprised to not gain a phobia of birds...
    It wasn't always the same but it would always involve a huge ass bird of some kind swooping down and pickin me up and flying away ; A ;

Discovered Stowaway piratemarimo's Avatar

The dream I had a night ago:
    Spoiler:

I was standing on a narrow ledge on a reeeeeeally high, red cliff. There was a brown eagle tied up on the ledge too. There was an evil man who was trying to steal the eagle and we were playing a sort tug of war with the eagle. Reminds me of Rescuers Down Under. The man tumbles to his death and I fall with the eagle right after. Somehow I got the ropes cut and then the eagle transformed into Neuro with wings. I love the random "narrator" comment that basically "It'd sure suck to fall off a cliff... unless you have a bird to fly you down!!"

At the bottom of the cliff, there was a random clothes/party store. At first it was a weird guy, but he was replaced by Neuro. He was so cute ~ <3 Neuro was running around (not literally) the store and grabbing party items for some unknown reason. He was acting... affectionate. Yes, you heard me. Affectionate. Towards Yako. She'd occasionally seem to turn into me and back again. Almost like I was Yako. I practically squee'd when Neuro rubs his cheeck against Yako's like a cat.

Then the setting switched to another weird place, which a group of students were touring or something. This weird guy was giving the tour, and there was a particular way you had to navigate around. Like these one set of stairs that I think... had some kind of liquid flowing down them. It looked like liquid cheese in all honesty. We had to take our shoes off and line them up in rows starting on the edge of the top steps. They had to be perfectly parallel columns of shoes. And that made the water go away.

Next scene was a confusing museum, in more ways than one. There was this scene that reminded me of The Pearl. This man and his son were diving for Pearls. They lived in a small room in the museum. This room had the design of fishermen. For some reason there was a bog/marsh place where they dove every day. The man is apparently Akainu who does a magma fist, but then!! Kizaru... somehow... kills him? Wait what? You'd think Kizaru would have gotten his ass kicked but somehow Akainu is the one who dies, due to something relating to heat (??). There was also a boat wreckage. Then we see the boy diving for pearls, and he finds this massive pearl (but smaller than a tennis ball). He returns to his "home" and the room has been completely redecorated. Kitsune Inferno and some other people were there to tell him the bad news about his father's death, but while waiting, Kitsune put up Naruto stuff and paints the room orange. The boy has got this "WTF is going on" face, and they tell him the news. Then the guy who murdered Akainu is coming so they tell him to hide under the bed, and pulling out a hammock, they urge him more cuz he hesitates. Then he wraps himself in the hammock and just barely manages to get under the frame in time. Kitsune whispers that he can choose whether or not to reveal the pearl while he's hiding, which in my mind strikes me as incredibly stupid when you're trying to hide. Kitsune tries to pry his hands open cuz he doesn't show it, but gives up when he realizes the decision he made.

Then it's back to the confusing museum which a lot of students are visiting that day. There were food court places. It was like a mansion. Two groups of students were competing against each other. There were wooden things with a certain shape in the middle, painted different colors. The object of the game was to find the corresponding wooden shapes that fit. I also remember a room that looked like an artists' alley. Somehow our group lost even though there was some unfair circumstances.

At some point there was also this really bizarre scene where me, my mom, and bro were going on an airplane. My mom wanted to shave her legs, and the flight attendant lady though... she wanted sex and tried to do so. Fortunately that quickly ended. and mom was irritated at the confusion, even though it almost looked like she was semi-enjoying it. This one part kind of pisses me off because I know the reason why this scene happened in this dream. Usually it never happens like this either. When some kind of thing happens irl, it usually doesn't affect my dreams right away.

There were strange navigation methods of this musem. Like a giant series of tubes that lead certain places. Me and this group were climbing into them and being transported to different places. Some of 'em were making me nervous cuz they were narrow, barely able to fit people. Yet somehow size wasn't an issue cuz there was a big guy who went in front of me. We quickly got lost because we weren't winding up where the tubes were supposed to take us. So we ended up being late to meet back up with our group. It turns out that Gekko315 was a chaperone, and he emitted a cool yellow aura. He was disappointed in a Gekko way. He tsked at us and didn't listen to our "excuses" as we tried to explain that the place was confusing to navigate. The dream kind of just ends with Gekko chilling and looking cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolus View Post

Let me explain.

There were many dreams when I didn't felt free for some reason. It felt like I was in a body I couldn't control. It lasted only for a few moments and when I woke up, I couldn't remember anything about that dream. However, when, in real life, the stuff I dreamt, is happening I feel the same kind of... inability like in the dream. And everything happens as I dreamt it before.

Well, I can't say I've had something like feeling inable in a dream and having it come true; however, I have had dreams that later do 'come true' in real life. It's happened several times to me, actually. I'll dream something with me in 'em and other people I don't know at the time, barely remember the dream, and a few months or ever a year later it actually happens and I meet these people and the dream reenacts itself and I'm left with a strange feeling of deja vu.

My most recent dream that I can remember is... strange. I guess. lol We were in this house thing. I think it went on forever in a sense. Like, I dunno if there was a front door or back door, but there were lots of doors in the house that I think some held their own pocket dimentions. Me and some people (I don't even know who they are) decided to explore the house and left our safe room (I even had an exploror hat, lol, even if I was in pajamas). It was weird, too; the hallways were dark and damp. And for some reason, every room we went in, it was hard to open the door, and everytime we did open the door, there were these Ring like girls (long hair, creepy looking, weird bed gown) but with jutting jaws full of sharp pointy teeth and saliva (and they were always in a bedroom). Every room. And they always started to come towards me but I always managed to open the door again and get out just before they came and ate me. For some reason the doors always locked themselves back up too.

That's all I can remember. I've also had this weird dream that I've had twice already, but it makes no sense.

My dream last night involved me complaining about a Legend of Zelda movie trailer (no, it wasn't live-action). But I was irritated that there weren't proper action scenes or any real hint at a plot, it just showed Link running around, and it was all shadowy and there were these shadowy people whispering incoherently, and possibly ruins with vines, and that was it.

There there was this large group of students dancing and I was standing precariously high looking down on them, and then they were told to split (they were from two different schools) and one school had noticeably fewer students. It was less than half of the other one (which is my school). So I clamber down carefully to join them. But when I get down there, not only are they sitting closely packed to each other in these metal folding chairs that came out of nowhere, I accidentally go to the wrong side, and I realize I'm going the wrong way but keep going that way. Then as I'm sort of squeezing by this one table with a couple "tough-looking" guys, the guy with a buzzed haircut says some generic insult I don't remember and my way of telling him "fuck you" was to slowly flip the item in my hand to stabbing mode. I think it was some type of long pen. He wasn't happy about that and he sent me a silent threat. Then I made it to the other side, and we looked at a "cool monster book" but it was really lame because the monster shapes were all abstract, and only two colors, so it's like jagged silhouette, some of which you can't even identify. It was a boring class.

Let me explain.

Something like that usually happens to me, ofc most people would say its bullshit and even me I don't really care or believe in anything about predicting future, gods or anything mystic for that matter.

Anyway since I was a kid, I dream about something that happens some days later in real life, I don't feel any inability like you said but after it happens I do realize that I knew about that already, its never anything to major usually, the last time I had was one about how I was in the hospital with a stomach/intestines problem, waiting for exames and talking to my mother thinking that it would be an apendicite then I just wake up.

Sure enough some days later, I am eating a soup I finish the soup, start eating an apple and my stomach starts hurting like hell out of nowhere, I went to the hospital with my father, I do the exams and then the dream happens, I'm in a bed my mother comes and is talking to me lol, after she leaves I am like "lol it happened again", I have this since I was a kid and I'm 23 now so I'm used to it, it is usually something related to pain, I remember as a kid I dreamt about me falling down and the stairs and cracking my chin and its happened, one time in my teens I was helping a friend with some work and he dropped a rock on my foot by mistake, one time my father ran over my foot with the car(doesn't hurt), I always realize that I had "lived" that already after it happens.

Obviously this will come off as bullshit and I don't really like to write stuff like this on internet(I don't even talk about it in real life) but since your case is a little like mine I though I would share XD.

Lol seems like my problem is more like your Sai-chan.

P.S: Nia your dream/nightmares sound scary I never had anything like that happen to me, well according to my dreams when it actually happens I'll probably really die because it will happen in real life too lol, lets hope not :(.

P.S.2: Captain ugly you have no shame :D.
    Last edited by GetsugaZoro; July 28th, 2011 at 08:22 AM.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

I had a dream where I was, like, 19 and I had a car and stuff. I was cruising down a mountain road or something, when this demon dude crashed in front of me, like the Hulk. And I was like, "Dude! WTF!" And he said, "You are the biggest douche ever. I've come to tell you that I will destroy the earth in 10 days." Then he bounced away and I said, "Dang! Why me!?" So the dream jumped to me telling my family, and saying good bye, 'cause apparently, the demon brought a huge volcano from under the sea and was going to make it erupt, destroying the earth. So I set out on my journey, and my dream jumped to the volcano, about to erupt. We were fighting and stuff, and my sidekick was just standing there and I said, "HEEEEELP!" and he smiled and stabbed me in the back. Somehow, I knew (which is stupid, I think) and I shot his face. Then the Demon ended up at the bottom of the volcano and I was at the top, and I had a giant warhammer. I jumped down and he jumped up and we were gonna attack each other but my mom woke up.

That's the most interesting dream I've had, so I thought I'd share it with you guys.

EDIT: I sometimes think I knew what was going to happen, but it feels more like a déjà vu.

Let me explain.

In my case I wouldn't call it the future but pure randomness. I especially remember a recurrent dream I had about a certain farm along the outskirts of this little town from where part of my family is originally from. The odd thing out about the dream is the people that materialize in it. I've never seen them before and possibly I'll never have the oportunity in the future since I forget their faces quickly after I wake up. However I tend to start my day in a good mood after this kind of dreams and a feeling is left behind which is difficult to describe. Generally the dream consists of a group of 5 to 8 people who start strolling up a hill eager to get to a small cottage at the other side. Once at the top we pass over a fence ( a wooden fence) and start running down the slope; from here onwards the dream changes and each time its different. The last time I ended up once again going up the hill with one of "my dream friends" without remembering when I took the wrong path. Once on the top I remember seeing a bird (cant recall which specie but it was overflying the area swooping gracefully) but then a massive eagle appears out of nowhere attacks the bird and dives toward us starting an attack. I woke up then and thought to myself that it doesn't have too much sense but the feeling doesn't stop. Still its kind of weird.
    Last edited by sag d seb; July 28th, 2011 at 08:33 AM.
    "In fantasy writting Logic is more of a guideline then a set in stone rule. Use it when you need it - ignore it when you don't.

Although odly enough FOX News also follows this ideal too O.o." (Thanks to Cymeleon)

Last Night:

I had a strange dream that I was some kind of monster. The dream went through several takes. Each time, I died some gruesome death because I was a failed experiment. This went on for several hours until it actually succeeded.

Wow. You and Nia have weird dreams. o3o I've never had a dream where I die, even in my Jarasic Island/Hotel Island dream where I had a mansion on the Jarasic Island and the Hotel Island had a bunch of cartoon characters running up the stairs trying to get as high as possible because the Hotel Island was sinking, I didn't die.

I don't think I've ever had a dream where I die. I can feel pain in my dreams, but that's it. And not torture pain, either. I mean, burning hot porcelain shards. Or burning fragments spewing out of a volcano. Hmm, I think burning pain shows up the most in my dreams. I've never really thought about it before. 030

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information