+ Reply to Thread
Page 114 of 119 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 2377

Thread: Non-Disney animation thread

Default Re: Non-Disney animation thread

Cursin’ is no problem to be since, I curse like hell and I’m a Tarantino fan, but I have to agree they tended to relay too much on hyper violence. And I guess they did an ending, like Veture Bros S1, if they don’t have another season Harley wins, if there is, more mischief.

That's what I thought at first, but apparently they signed a two season deal, so who knows. Maybe they only learned they had another season partway into the production? Or this was just where they wanted to end S1 for some reason.

As far as the cursing goes, there's nothing wrong with cursing by itself, but they swear so much that it takes away from the dialogue. It's just an unnatural amount of swearing that makes the dialogue more monotonous at times.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Well, I don't fucking know how fucking cursing can ever get goddamned shit-ass motherfucking monotonous. It's a goddmaned adult fucking show, so of fucking goddamn course they're going to motherfucking curse as much as damned well want in that goddamned, cocksucking, horseshit, bastard, asshole, cunt, motherfucking bitch.

…...Actually, I haven't seen the Harley show.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Well, I don't fucking know how fucking cursing can ever get goddamned shit-ass motherfucking monotonous. It's a goddmaned adult fucking show, so of fucking goddamn course they're going to motherfucking curse as much as damned well want in that goddamned, cocksucking, horseshit, bastard, asshole, cunt, motherfucking bitch.

…...Actually, I haven't seen the Harley show.
    Yeah they overuse it but you went over the top Nobodyman rs

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...roll-originals

Posting this here because it's relevant. News came out yesterday and the ToG adaptation is already being discussed in its respective thread, but the whole package is interesting as hell.

2 anime, 2 original western cartoons, 4 webcomic adaptations (3 Korean, 1 American). This is an incredible variety and I hope it's pointing the way to a bright future for more great animation projects. Onyx Equinox looks like a killer standout, being run by Sofia Alexander (boards on the Invader Zim movie and S2 of Infinity Train), but FreakAngels and High Guardian Spice are no slouches, either. FreakAngels is the western webcomic adaptation. It looks really cool and I am stoked for the sorts of doors that opens up. High Guardian Spice seems really cute, too, and its creator, Raye Rodriguez (worked extensively on Animation Domination Hi-Def and did character/prop design on Danger & Eggs), is notable as an openly trans creator running a cartoon (the only other one I know is Shadi Petosky, who did Danger & Eggs).

I'm all for there being another platform out there supporting animation and excited to check these shows out when they air!

30 seconds in: Oh wow. An animated movie about a normal family trying to reconnect from some emotional distance. We really need more mainstream animated movies that aren't action or adventure or sci fi but just normal stories about normal people. I might see this opening we-

1 minute and 30 seconds in: Well poopy.

Crossing fingers?

Wow, yeah, it really did turn into a completely different movie in the last 30 seconds there, didn't it?

Also, their blank soulless eyes are really creepy.

The movie looks really good and it's Lord and Miller so I have faith that it will be worth a watch (if for no other reason than funding Clone U).

I get the sense that someone submitted an idea for a ‘heartfelt’ story about growing older and family and then some studio executive saw the proposal and demanded that it have be more action-y to fit with standard animated fare.

But looking closer, it seems the development title was ‘The Mitchells vs the Machines’, so I don’t know.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    The movie looks really good and it's Lord and Miller so I have faith that it will be worth a watch (if for no other reason than funding Clone U).
    They’re still trying to do that? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    They’re still trying to do that? Why?
    Oh I didn't mean that literally lol. They just definitely still have a fondness for Clone High and the easter egg in Spider-Verse nods to that, but no clue if they actually still want it. I really would love to see it, though, since Clone High is still one of the best comedies period and it deserved better than it got.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hide View Post
    Two immediate thoughts from the trailer.

1. Yeah, it does feel like a better film in the section where it was just a film about reconnecting. Not everything has to be super-high stakes.
    2. It also feels like it would work better as just the dad and daughter. Unless they're deliberately not showing their scenes, the mom and brother don't seem to add much to the film.
    Complicating things since 2009.

That looked WAY more interesting before the twist.

Also, can you imagine if they managed to hide said twist until the movie was actually out so no one had any idea that was going to happen?
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Also, can you imagine if they managed to hide said twist until the movie was actually out so no one had any idea that was going to happen?
    I'd probably be even more annoyed when the robots took over the sweet movie I was promised. It's not just a twist, it's a different movie. At least this way I already know the framework and can adjust expectations.

Trailer feels like if Inside Out suddenly transformed into megamind or maybe lego movies. All movies I like but shouldn't be smashed together.

I trust Lord and Miller completely, even as producers (GO WATCH STORKS! ITS GREAT!) but yeah, that is one huge shift in that trailer. Very abrupt. They've stated that the message will be more nuanced than "Phone Bad!" which has me hopeful it won't be completely technofobic, but then theres also a literal robot apocalypse...

Everybody ask no questions just strap in and watch The Midnight Gospel now thank you.

Just Rewatched the first episode of Jackie Chan Adventures

I have no idea why, I just remember I used to love that show as a kid
    Last edited by Shiebs; April 20th, 2020 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post

i haven't watched that one in ages .i remember most of the arcs.
    NintendoID: Zodiark14

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg009 View Post
    i haven't watched that one in ages .i remember most of the arcs.
    One of my friends can remember what each of the 12 talisman do off the top of his head

One of my friends can remember what each of the 12 talisman do off the top of his head
    So can I

Dragon - Combustion
    Snake - Invisibility
    Rooster - Levitation
    Sheep - Astral Projection
    Rat - Motion to the Motionless
    Tiger - Balance
    Ox - Super Strength
    Rabbit - Super Speed
    Pig - Heat Beam Eyes (yeah, that one always felt really arbitrary)
    Horse - Healing
    Dog - Immortality
    Monkey - Transformation

The show was pretty good overall, though they kind of gave up on trying to replicate actual Jackie style stunts pretty quickly and the secondary characters took over the show.

They also regurgitated the exact same plot arc too many seasons in a row, so by the FIFTH time they had a romp around the world to gather X magical objects before ShenDu got resurrected AGAIN it had gone pretty stale, but the first three seasons (and 70 episodes) were pretty decent.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information