+ Reply to Thread
Page 153 of 198 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 3942

Thread: Sai's Art Shoppe Pictures!

Default Re: Sai's Art Shoppe Pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by metteminne View Post
    The suntset looks beautiful on here and Mr. Sharp and Shiny teeth may be the best name ever
    Thanks! This is my first 'real' piece, methinks. So it's great to know you like it. c:

They couldn't decide on a name, so they combined it. There used to be a Mrs, but he ate her. She took on of his apples.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    The girl is Violet Hawkins. She’s 15 years old and has a younger brother named Eddie. Violet (she goes by Viol—pronounced like ‘Vial’—which could be short for Violet or Violent since she can be very violent) loves to fight with her bare hands with people who she sees as strong or a possible challenge, although if they don’t want to fight she won’t force them. She’s an extremely hard worker and can work two jobs at once; with all the money she gets with her jobs she buys all her own clothes and supplies (not to mention her hair dye—her real hair color is actually red). Her family is rather poor, and she often tries to give them the money she makes, but they’re far too stubborn and proud to accept the help—even from their daughter/sister, so she just uses the money for herself so that her parents don’t have to. Unlike her family, she’s actually really cooperative with people when the need arises, and she’s not very stubborn; she’s adaptable. Viol especially adores her younger brother and will try to sneak him money when he’s not looking; she encourages Eddie in his academic dreams and he does the same for her. Despite how different they are, they’re very close.

Because she buys all of her own clothes, she looks completely different from the rest of her family (who wear old, somewhat ragged, hand-me-downs). She’s also very independent and can hold herself well on her own, but would never abandon her family. She’s actually really nice once you get past the fighting spirit and the spikes, and once she becomes your friend, she’ll be loyal for life and will protect you from any sort of danger.

The boy is Eddie Hawkins, Viol’s younger brother. He’s about 12-13 years old.

Eddie loves to study, learn, read, and explore. He’s a very curious person by nature, and he’s an especially studious kid. His family is very poor but his sister Viol makes quite a bit of money, and offers to give Eddie and his parents some on a daily basis—but they’re far too stubborn to accept. He wants to be like his sister, to be able to earn everything on his own and not have to rely on people to attain something he wants. His dream is to be able to go to college (which, considering his grades, shouldn’t be too hard) and to make something of himself. However, Eddie is especially shy and easily scared. Ghosts frighten him immensely and he often wishes they had enough money to move.

Eddie admires his sister greatly. They may have completely opposite personalities, but they love each other very much. He finds himself encouraged by her words, and is able to continue on with just those to help him. He doesn’t have many friends because he’s so shy and he’s so poor, but he will always have his sister. She’s often the only one who can cheer him up whenever he’s sad (which, to his credit, isn’t very often—he’s quite optimistic).

Eddie may be very shy and easily frightened, but he’s got all the fighting spirit and stubbornness of his sister and his family. Even when scared, he will do everything he can if he feels the need to. Despite his stubborn personality, he has very low stamina and tires easily. But he will keep pushing on if its for something important to him.

Eddie can almost always be found reading a book; be it in the library, in the classroom, or walking in the halls. One day, he hopes to be able to buy a book of his very own to have.

More DP OC designs because these are just too fun to make and mess around with~
    Also, those pics are not to scale. lol I just drew one a little bigger than the other.

Sorry if theses fanchara things are annoying anyone. o:

I still haven't figured out how to make transparent backgrounds on SAI.
    Can you tell which one I made on SAI and which one on Paint.NET?
    Last edited by Sai-chan; April 14th, 2012 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Of course you can.

is it me or is the art section dying

Here are some sketches I felt like sketching today/yesterday

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Have some Johnny and Danny

These are awesome Sai! I love some of the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolus View Post
    These are awesome Sai! I love some of the angles.
    Thanks Nolus~ I might sketch some more today, but more then likely it'll all be headshots.

Dawwww! ♥
    I was gonnay say which headshots I liked best, but it pretty much ended being "all of them".
    You're really good at expressions! For me that's what makes or breaks an art piece since it's what gives a character life. Sure, there are other important things as well, but the expression is what's most important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nia View Post
    Dawwww! ♥
    I was gonnay say which headshots I liked best, but it pretty much ended being "all of them".
    You're really good at expressions! For me that's what makes or breaks an art piece since it's what gives a character life. Sure, there are other important things as well, but the expression is what's most important to me.
    Expressions are one of the biggest part of characters for me. I love to show different expressions with varying degrees of intensity (be it happy to excited or sulky to depressed, etc) because it's just so interesting. I think that's why I enjoy drawing faces more then the rest of the characters, haha.

Any expressions requests anyone?

I like the rape face Danny. It's so in character if you use your imagination.

But damned. I'm diggin Johnny. He looks irritated even when he's smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroy View Post
    I like the rape face Danny. It's so in character if you use your imagination.

But damned. I'm diggin Johnny. He looks irritated even when he's smiling.
    Well, that could be Danny during one of his many mind controlled adventures.~

Drawing Nny is so hard. xD I can't draw Jhonen's original style at all--so I kinda have to guess with my own style. If you notice, Johnny has about twice as many lines each picture than Danny does--that's because Danny is so much simpler in terms of personality, mentality and art style than Nny is.

I'm not familiar with the character itself, but dude Nyn looks hardcore. Maybe the extra lines further helped that. Or something else... I dunno. It just seems different from your usual.

As for expression requests, I'd save it for someone else... but I'm curious what you'd be able to do.

^---this is Johnny (from Johnny the Homicidal Maniac--a comic created by Jhonen Vasquez, who also made Invader Zim)

Johnny (Nny) has the most widest range of expressions I've ever seen. He's also a really, really, really complex character who is extremely bipolar, schitzophrinic, pyschopathic, antisocial, kills people and honestly believes the people he kills deserved it (but he only kills assholes, idiots, people who annoy him, etc), hates being touched, depression, and a whole bunch of other stuff wrong with him--not to mention he's like, extremely skinny and is an insomniac. He also has awesome fashion sense.

Well, give me a few ideas and I'll see what I can do~ Depending on the expression, it might be Nny, Danny, or someone else entirely.

I would like to see what you can do with Mandy, even though you still owe me two Mandys(not that I mind. the BDay thing makes up for it).

I keep forgetting to draw those Mandys. orz Sorry about that. Maybe its because the most popular piece in my gallery is an old crappy drawing of Mandy, but for some reason, I just never feel like drawing her despite the fact that I like her. fffffffff

I'll try my best though, if it's just headshots. c:

I think we are twins or something
    http://fav.me/d1mevoo

I suffered the same fate too.

If it's any consolation, your pic was waaaay better than mine.

No way. Show yours.

I'd have to find it first. I'm pretty sure I deleted it--but it has to be on a cd somewhere.
    Last edited by Sai-chan; April 14th, 2012 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Mom's gonna use the computer right now--I'll be back in a little.

KK. I'll be up all night working on commissions, so... Well, maybe till the coffee wears out.

your realistic Danny is so cute omg
    Hi MF

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    your realistic Danny is so cute omg
    Danny is always cute. c; At least to a fangirl.

Haha, thanks Taboo~

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information