Closed Thread
Page 499 of 501 FirstFirst ... 399 449 489 497 498 499 500 501 LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,980 of 10005

Thread: New official Viz media topic V2.

A Pocketful of Coins Captain Hypersock's Avatar
    Swipe your card and enter your PIN to continue.

Default Re: New official Viz media topic V2.

A special type of gold-foil wrapper around the magazine with a large Jolly Roger on it. When you open the seal, trumpets sound and a pair of doves fly out, ascending to the heavens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijnn. View Post
    Captain Hypersock is now the coolest person in the world.

Just Luffy on the cover...the series sells well enough to warrant at least one cover a year. At least the 598 color spread considering Naruto's color covers are pretty bland. I kinda understand putting Naruto on the cover as it sells the magazine, but the magazine is sealed even on the news stand. Naruto color cover of One Piece color cover doesn't sell any more issues. Would just be nice to have a least a minor bit of recognition that One Piece had a huge event in the story.
    GUTALALA SUDALALA

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

Just the 598 color spread would have been fine with me.
    But this was obviously more important?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Just the 598 color spread would have been fine with me.
    But this was obviously more important?
    *glares* God damn it Viz.

I agree, "One Piece" could use some recognition, but I'm not gonna start getting pissy at VIZ.

I got a tweet from Shonen Jump on Twitter.
    shonenjump

Keep your eye out for #onepiece week on sj.viz.com next month. We'll have exclusive features and other goodies.
    I guess this is alright. I mean, it's an entire week dedicated to One Piece.
    Last edited by MasterKingJC; August 26th, 2011 at 11:21 AM.

Maybe they'll be building up hype for when the anime reaches the New World on October 2nd.

It could be, but who knows? I think it's just to recap the first half of the series and/or celebrate the time skip.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

It seems like the date might be September 18th.
    shonenjump
    "Very tentative date: starting on Sept. 18. But that is subject to change (though it will definitely be in September)."

Hm, September 18th would be almost two weeks before the anime gets to the time-skip.

A Pocketful of Coins Captain Hypersock's Avatar
    Swipe your card and enter your PIN to continue.

Just enough time to build up hype, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijnn. View Post
    Captain Hypersock is now the coolest person in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by BatDan View Post
    Top 25 Manga in North America Q1 and Q2.
    One Piece is at #11. Death Note is somehow at #5. The Top 3 is occupied by garbage.

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/20859.html
    11th place huh?

maybe if One piece goes top 3 in the rank we will get more print releases, like data books and color walk, that would be great,,
    I think we should spread to the whole world how great One piece is.
    We should recommend this to other people..

Just like me, I was Influenced by my classmate last 7months to watch one piece. And thats how it started for me to realize that one piece is a really great show. I didnt know it before because I kinda dont like the Art.

Most people that didnt know one piece is great is because the art style isnt that good in your first impression. just like me when I saw it in TV.
    Lets spread to the whole world that "ONE PIECE IS REAL!" err i mean "ONE PIECE IS GREAT!"
    come help me
    Like this page if you want One Piece Color Walk 1 to be reprinted again by Vizmedia
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Reprint-One-Piece-Color-Walk-1/211958312191582

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hypersock View Post
    A special type of gold-foil wrapper around the magazine with a large Jolly Roger on it. When you open the seal, trumpets sound and a pair of doves fly out, ascending to the heavens.
    Best post in the thread.

Finally got the Oct/Nov issue!
    Finally hit the timeskip.. now that im reading the chapter in english.. im glad to see the new designs for the Strawhat crew in better print too :D
    597-599
    600 in december :(
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

Quote Originally Posted by Vongola_Boss_XI View Post
    Dang, that sucks =/

They really do have to get the color walks out here....but volume 61 color spread won't even show up till color walk 6 or 7 right? XD guess we're gonna have to wait like 5 years to see that color spread.
    I'd love it if VIZ could at least release the other Color Walks here, but I guess the sales were low. I purchased the first one from them when I learned of their existence though...

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuFan22 View Post
    Finally got the Oct/Nov issue!
    Finally hit the timeskip.. now that im reading the chapter in english.. im glad to see the new designs for the Strawhat crew in better print too :D
    597-599
    600 in december :(
    Mind answering a question I have about Chapter 698? I already have an idea about it but just want to ask. Are the color pages in Chapter 698 in color or did SJ decide to go grayscale with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Maron View Post
    I'd love it if VIZ could at least release the other Color Walks here, but I guess the sales were low. I purchased the first one from them when I learned of their existence though...
    Well if we want more Colorwalks then we know what we have to do. We as fans have to buy the heck out of Colorwalk 2. Viz has gone on the record several times saying that if we want more cool One Piece stuff then we need to buy it. High sales on Colorwalk 2 is the first step in doing that.

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyDPirate View Post
    Mind answering a question I have about Chapter 698? I already have an idea about it but just want to ask. Are the color pages in Chapter 698 in color or did SJ decide to go grayscale with them?
    They're grayscale, and I don't know about anyone else's, but the printjob just looked so damn shoddy looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt monkey AL View Post
    They're grayscale, and I don't know about anyone else's, but the printjob just looked so damn shoddy looking.
    I figured that but a tiny part of me was hoping they would do color.

I would have to see for myself. Then again I have a very low bar for quality. As long as I can read the text and see the images then I am good.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyDPirate View Post
    Well if we want more Colorwalks then we know what we have to do. We as fans have to buy the heck out of Colorwalk 2. Viz has gone on the record several times saying that if we want more cool One Piece stuff then we need to buy it. High sales on Colorwalk 2 is the first step in doing that.
    I just checked Amazon and had no idea the 2nd was getting released here in November, since the first one came out over 5 years ago, I thought they wouldn't release any others. Thanks for letting me know!

Ordered my CW2 several months ago. Hopefully this will put CW1 into production again.

Alexis said on the podcast that it looks like Color Walk 2 got pushed back.

Closed Thread

Thread Information