+ Reply to Thread
Page 314 of 507 FirstFirst ... 214 264 304 312 313 314 315 316 324 364 414 ... LastLast
Results 6,261 to 6,280 of 10137

Thread: That Guy With The Glasses and other web review shows

Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses

Quote Originally Posted by Gliblord View Post
    Bill Murray is indeed the master.
    I wonder what he'd have to say about this. Bill?

Marzgurl posted a video on her facebook discussing Toonami with some other guy. They make some very good points. Unfortunantly, she said some very incorrect things about One Piece. It being just filler and how they are never going to get the the grand line. Yeah the second point in definently wrong. I wondered if she had meant Raftel or the One Piece but she and the other guy said Grand Line several times. I guess she maybe stopped around episode 20 or so?

And MarzGurl further cements her lameness

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldary View Post
    Marzgurl posted a video on her facebook discussing Toonami with some other guy. They make some very good points. Unfortunantly, she said some very incorrect things about One Piece. It being just filler and how they are never going to get the the grand line. Yeah the second point in definently wrong. I wondered if she had meant Raftel or the One Piece but she and the other guy said Grand Line several times. I guess she maybe stopped around episode 20 or so?
    What the hell? Considering 90% of the series so far has been canon material, that is completely wrong. She doesn't seem to understand that "It's the journey not the destination". God damn it...
    And the Meek shall Inherit the Earth.

Hasn't Marzgurl pretty much only seen anime thats aired on Cartoon Network?

In spite of being one of their anime reviewers?

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://www.anaria.net/

TGWTG hasn't exactly had it's fair share of One Piece fans. We, of course, have APForums very own, RolloT. I THINK JewWario has watched some of it. JO has been keeping up with the Funimation DVDs, and said that she likes the series but it has yet to impact her as one of her all time favorites.

.......To be completely honest, I have no idea what MarzGurl watches or reads. I don't want to be mean, but sometimes, I forget she's an anime/manga person. She keeps up with the anime/manga news, sure, but I've never known what some of her favorite stuff is.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Also, MarzGurl made a good point with Toonami.

Talk to Cartoon Network with your numbers. Watch the AS block tomorrow night. If it doesn't become Toonami, change channel or turn tv off.
    Not like I watched Adult Swim to begin with anymore, though. If Toonami started up again, I'd definitely watch it.
    Last edited by Insider2000; April 6th, 2012 at 10:06 PM.
    3DS FC: 5370-0485-4643

Y Ruler of Time is also a big fan of One Piece, and I do believe JewWario has mentioned that he likes the series, as well. There aren't too many anime reviewers in general on the site, though, so the relative lack of fans on the site isn't too surprising.

Thanks to PirateNeko for the avatar!

Didn't know about Y Ruler. And I never really expect any non-anime reviewers to like anime.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Hasn't Marzgurl pretty much only seen anime thats aired on Cartoon Network?

In spite of being one of their anime reviewers?
    I'd say she's more an animation reviewer, really. I remember she reviewed all the Land Before Time movies and then she went on to review all of Don Bluth's movies. Plus, she had a video dedicated to Jim Cummings.

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    Didn't know about Y Ruler. And I never really expect any non-anime reviewers to like anime.
    I listen to his and Rollo T's podcast every week, and yeah, he' a pretty big OP fan. I'd say that, for the most part, he actually shares our opinions on manga.

RolloT came from AP?! Wow... neat. Learn something new everyday.
    Steam Profile: Sorikai33 | 3DS Friend Code: 2981 6418 0894
    ^ Feel free to add me on either ^

Quote Originally Posted by Sorikai33 View Post
    RolloT came from AP?! Wow... neat. Learn something new everyday.
    Yep. In fact it was this very thread that got him interested in the site. Small world. He still shows up on occasion.

Are you all forgetting Suede? He's an anime reviewer for the site as well. Not sure what he thinks about One Piece though. For those that haven't seen it, here's his latest review of Pokemon: The First Movie with Linkara and JewWario. http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...he-first-movie
    They plan to go through ALL the Pokemon movies. I can't wait for their reactions to Misty's replacements after Heroes.
    And the Meek shall Inherit the Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by BatDan View Post
    What the hell? Considering 90% of the series so far has been canon material, that is completely wrong. She doesn't seem to understand that "It's the journey not the destination". God damn it...
    I wasn't exactly sure what she meant by that. Maybe she meant that for anyone looking for a 26 or 52 episode series ending with Luffy reaching the One Piece, yeah you could say that One Piece has a lot of filler. But then that would be a very stupid series. And it was still an ignorant statement because a big part of the series I think is Luffy ultimately making tons of allies (even out of former enemies) and taking down the WG by the end. With out 500+ episodes, it wouldn't have as big of an impact.

I liked the toonami video for the most part, but that just kind of left a sour taste in my mouth. Not because it sounded as though she as the other guy didn't really care for the series, but just how wrong the facts were. And it came almost right after some Bleach praising and Naruto defending. (Sort of they weren't fanboying/fangirling those series at all) I did leave her a brief message on her facebook about the facts being wrong, incase she does decide to upload that video.

And yeah she is more of an animation viewer. I think she has seen many anime series. She has put many things up for auction on her ebay account and she is a regular con goer. I don't know what genre she prefers or what kind of anime she watches. Though I wonder if she is growing out of it. Not that she doesn't like anime anymore. I used to be a hardcore anime fan. I would blindly buy titles off the shelf based on the cover or the description on the back. Now in my mid twenties, I read reviews any only watch new titles that people would consider among the best. I don't have as much time to be watching TV and many of the shojo titles I watched just dont' appeal to me anymore. I can't sit through an episode of Love Hina or Inuyasha anymore. The only series I still follow is One Piece and the only other show I recently watched is High School of the Dead. She doesn't do as many anime news editorials as she used to and she is focusing more on animation in general.

Depraved Prince of AP Monkey King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatDan View Post
    That's his "parody" (and I'm using that really lightly) of Angry Joe called "Pissed Jose". His schtick is that he's an extremely racist Mexican stereotype because he's too lazy to actually parody Joe and instead relies on making tired "taco and burrito" lines. I should mention that Joe is actually Puerto Rican.
    lol, this dude would get seriously fucked up if took his little act on the road.

It being just filler and how they are never going to get the the grand line.
    lolllll
    If you folks haven't figured it out by now, this should be final proof that Marzgurl sucks.

In fact, I think it's best to just stop talking about it (not MarzGurl, JO's stream). Next week we'll be watching FLCL.

JO has been keeping up with the Funimation DVDs, and said that she likes the series but it has yet to impact her as one of her all time favorites.
    I remember her tweeting something about that, and saying she's watched right up to the end of Baratie. Which leaves her SOOOO CLOSE to one of the first big "impact moments" that One Piece delivers. Ack.

LOVE AND PEACE

A response to an older video, the final review of the Warrior comics by Spoony and Linkara. I went over to I-Mockery and it turns out the artist, Callahan, actualy took an advance of half his salary for pages he later failed to deliver. So this kinda makes the Warrior calling him a "piece of shit" make a lick of sense. Also his rant was originaly a page longer but they apparently left a page out.

http://www.i-mockery.com/comics/longbox14/page2.php

Todd in the Shadows has started a new series, where he'll look back and analyze one-hit-wonders, viewing both the song and the band behind them. This week, we're talking about A-Ha, and their biggest hit, "Take On Me". http://blip.tv/todds-pop-song-reviews/one-hit-wonderland-take-on-me-6073845

Hidden:
    Wow. Didn't know that band was that successful. Also, I didn't know the romance story in the "Take On Me" video had a depressing continuation. =( Fuck that. I won't hate on the sequel's song, but I'd rather think the two stayed together. Either way, I hope Todd does more of this. It's really interesting.

People are saying the he's going to cover the Chumbawumba's next. I'm curious when he's going to talk about "What's Going On" by 4 Non-Blondes, a song he considers to be the worst one-hit-wonder of all time. I can't disagree, cause the singers voice is just so.....grinding. I don't think it's a bad song, cause....shamefully, I love the He-Man parody of it. Both because it's hilarious and has a pretty damn good beat to it.

Todd in the Shadows has started a new series, where he'll look back and analyze one-hit-wonders, viewing both the song and the band behind them. This week, we're talking about A-Ha, and their biggest hit, "Take On Me". http://blip.tv/todds-pop-song-review...-on-me-6073845
    This is a pretty cool idea. I'd love to see his take on Safety Dance and Come on Eileen. Of course, it would be the greatest damn thing if he did Rick Astley.

People, a warning: don't watch Nash's live shows. They're pretty shit.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information