Closed Thread
Page 184 of 240 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 182 183 184 185 186 194 234 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,680 of 4800

Thread: The All-New FUNimation Dub Discussion thread!

Default Re: The All-New FUNimation Dub Discussion thread!

I think that if CN broadcasts the eighth movie, they'll leave the blood in.

But surely marine and navy are interchangeable in Japanese as well... if there's virtually no difference then why did 4Kids change everything to Navy?

Edit: I agree with the blood thing, (IMO) it makes more of an impact and the story is more realistic and involving, and it makes you more aware of the characters' suffering and the seriousness of the situation etc. Also as childish as it may seem, more violence shown makes a show appear more mature. Leaving in the blood would most likely attract an older audience as a result... I guess it's up to Funi to find a balance between pleasing younger viewers and gaining older ones. It would probably increase the overall popularity of the show if people thought it was more mature because kids are more likely to be happy to watch a show aimed at an audience slightly older than them than teenagers would be to watch a children's show.
    Last edited by indigo~ink; October 21st, 2007 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by indigo~ink View Post
    But surely marine and navy are interchangeable in Japanese as well... if there's virtually no difference then why did 4Kids change everything to Navy?
    The Japanese word for Navy is "kaigun." If they really were to call them as the "Marine Corps", they'd have said "kaiheitai".

But because Oda writes the Japanese word "kaigun" and it's verbally used in the anime, calling them the Navy in English is not incorrect nor a change. Many fans are looking to fansubs for the answers when obviously not everything is translated properly if they have a young reindeer swearing his brains out. >_>;

A bit of info regarding the word "marine":

Historically, Marines were part of the navy and served onboard warships. They assisted the crew in battles, boarded enemy ships, conducted small coastal raids, and protected the officers from mutiny by the crew. Eventually they have become the primary landing force. The word "Marine" means Navy in many European languages such as French, German and Dutch.

So in reality, 4Kids wasn't wrong at that point. The only thing wrong about 4Kids with that was how poorly they edited all "MARINE" emblems to what looks like a Dollar Store soup can label named "NAVY." :P

I'd say Carue was a Lucky Ducky | YouTube Page

All I know is, I will continue to support FUNimation and they are doing a great job. But they need to seriously let up, most of the violence in One Piece can be kept. Even on TV-Y7, there's no need for these fricken flashes and cuts.

DITCH THE FLASHES AND CUTS!

Keep in mind the flashes and cuts are probably dictated by Cartoon Network, that's why I'm upset at them and not Funi. I highly doubt Funi would cut something unless absolutely necessary .

EDIT
    BTW what the hell?... i just searched through episodes 193 194 and 195, when does Bellemy get killed? It started out as something I just kinda remembered and wanted to watch but now I've been searching here and it's like personal now
    For with a closing door, another surely opens
    Just you wait and see,
    And when you look back on where we've been together
    Wherever you may be
    I hope that you remember me

Bellamy gets killed by Doflamingo in 207.

Too bad he wasn't killed on screen either... That would have been pretty damn awesome...

By any chance, does anyone know which episode they so far dubbed to this very day? (I know they been doing a lot of them), but are they almost finished w/ Skypeia? And how about the first 13 episodes?

I think one the day where theres going to be 2 episodes, thats when they will be putting the blood scenes in the show

Sorry for off-topic, but was it actually stated in the manga that he died? I've only seen the anime version of that particular scene, though I read the manga. ?_?

The Juggernaut Juggernaut Bitch's Avatar

I have to say Shojo's Voice was pretty good but the way it sounded was more closer to Mr.2's japanese VA They should use Shojo's voice for him in movie 8 :)

Quote Originally Posted by Quexinos View Post
    Keep in mind the flashes and cuts are probably dictated by Cartoon Network, that's why I'm upset at them and not Funi. I highly doubt Funi would cut something unless absolutely necessary .
    I hope your right about that...

Just can't take it anymore RomanGod's Avatar

You know, your signature is pretty over-exaggerating, Ethereal D.
    Everything was all for nothing

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

If this is any consolation, you all know Naruto, Bobobo, DBZ, *insert any anime broadcast on Toonami* has its violence edited to, right?

Well, I guess I'm pretty disappointed because I was looking for all the violence and blood to remain intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal D View Post
    Well, I guess I'm pretty disappointed because I was looking for all the violence and blood to remain intact.
    And they will be, ON THE DVDS

Quote Originally Posted by TakinawaTonfa View Post
    And they will be, ON THE DVDS
    Of course I will buy the DVDs but I want people that won't buy the DVDs to see what it was...

And thats why we have YouTube, Veoh, Dailymotion, *insert video viewing website here*, my friend.

Just can't take it anymore RomanGod's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal D View Post
    Did you read any of the press news? It was never going to be uncut on TV. That's the job for the DVDs.
    Everything was all for nothing

Quote Originally Posted by TakinawaTonfa View Post
    If this is any consolation, you all know Naruto, Bobobo, DBZ, *insert any anime broadcast on Toonami* has its violence edited to, right?
    Indeed. Remember the sexy no jutsu form episode 1 of Naruto when that aired? Invisible nosebleeds? Let's face it One Piece will receive less edits with time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethos View Post
    Indeed. Remember the sexy no jutsu form episode 1 of Naruto when that aired? Invisible nosebleeds? Let's face it One Piece will receive less edits with time.
    Okay I guess you guys are right *erases sig*

Closed Thread

Thread Information