+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Neko's Cosplay

Default Neko's Cosplay

Figured since I'm actually putting effort into this cosplay, I'm starting a thread.

Concept Sketch:

Some progress on Femme Smoker~

I went to the Galleria, and after searching and searching, I was pointed out to a store called Papaya, and I asked if they had one of those bolero jackets in white.... They did, and it was on sale! $10!

Only thing about it is, the sleeves are short, but everything else is just like I wanted it! I also got some cheap vests that were the same material, I was thinking of cutting off pieces of those to extend the arms on the jacket...

And then finally, my favorite part of the costume, that actually gave me the idea to cosplay Smoker... My awesome boots!

NOW. I have quite a bit of work to do on that jacket. I gotta find the green fur trim and the blue trim, and of course the cigars and something for the red kanji for "Justice" on the back... Lots of little things that need work. Also, I'm still searching for some dark brown gloves, I hear working gloves would work well... and of course, the PVC pipes for the jutte.

My goal is to at least have this done in time for Oni Con, or if I time it right, maybe for Anime Fest....
    Last edited by KamenRiderNeko; June 23rd, 2007 at 09:22 PM. Reason: added concept sketch

Default Re: Neko's Cosplay

That stuff looks awesome! >:D

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer AWB's Avatar

That's going along very well. Though I thought his jacket was longer than that. I must be wrong.

That last pic reminds me of The Graduate.

Hoffy likes where this cosplay is going. MOST DEFINITELY. :D

"Livin' the Asian life, one stereotype at a time."

Good start Neko!
    Keep us posted as it progresses. Oh, and you might want to include a link to your Smoker costume concept drawings in your artstuff thread, so that people can see your vision for the costume and understand why you are using a bolero type jacket, etc.
    "Over-thinking,
    over-analyzing ..."

......-- Tool (from Lateralus)

Quote Originally Posted by Pass the Rootbeer View Post
    That's going along very well. Though I thought his jacket was longer than that. I must be wrong.

That last pic reminds me of The Graduate.
    Yeah. I knew that. But this is a FEMME Smoker. And I decided to have a short feminine jacket, hence bolero jacket....

...Why does that last pic remind you of that...?

Yeah. I knew that. But this is a FEMME Smoker. And I decided to have a short feminine jacket, hence bolero jacket....
    Oh, Smoker's jacket is long? Ah. Well, I didn't say your jacket should be long. I said I didn't know the actual size in the manga, and thought yours was the correct size.

I don't think bolero jackets look feminine. I know a lot of women wear them, but I just don't see it being feminine.
    ...Why does that last pic remind you of that...?
    It reminds me of Mrs. Robinsons' leg pose on the movie poster.

Quote Originally Posted by dinty View Post
    Good start Neko!
    Keep us posted as it progresses. Oh, and you might want to include a link to your Smoker costume concept drawings in your artstuff thread, so that people can see your vision for the costume and understand why you are using a bolero type jacket, etc.
    Thanks Dinty! And yeah, I added the concept sketch, thanks for remembering that!

@ AWB - Have you ever seen a guy wear a bolero jacket that wasn't either flaming gay or a Spanish matador?
    Meh, they're pretty feminine to me, but that is your opinion ^^

@ AWB - Have you ever seen a guy wear a bolero jacket that wasn't either flaming gay or a Spanish matador?
    I'm as old-fashioned as they come. TO me, feminine clothes are dresses and mini-skirts. TO me, a bolero jacket is just a jacket.
    Meh, they're pretty feminine to me, but that is your opinion ^^
    Well, if you say so. A rock would know more about clothes then me.

Forgot to mention that I am so looking forward to seeing you with Smoker's hair. Is it going to be a wig or are you going to bleach your hair?

its gonna be a wig ^^ speaking of which, i need to go order one/..

ah, boo-urns, use your real hair. :P

Last time I checked, women aren't particularly proud of having grey hair, Captain Usopp.

Sexy premise.

Thought: Sew on the arm extensions at the point where the bands of cigars go, so you can cover the seams with the cigars.

Maybe you can produce an iron-on Justice kanji.

@B1B - Hehe thanks! ^^ Yeah, I did think of about that.... I hope I have enough material to do it that way, I don't want this to look ghetto XD

I'm not sure how I would do an iron-on kanji, like what material to use and all....

Something like this was what I was thinking:

http://www.amazon.com/Print-Press-Tr...317584-4053648

off topic: where did you get that white shirt with the orange and brown stripes and scull heads? my friend loves stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by captain usopp View Post
    ah, boo-urns, use your real hair. :P
    But I don't want to dye my hair that color, takes too much time... and I still gotta work XD

Quote Originally Posted by Bounty1Berry View Post
    Something like this was what I was thinking:

http://www.amazon.com/Print-Press-Tr...317584-4053648
    Oh! That is perfect! I can't believe I didn't think of that, thanks so much! Gonna order one right now...

Quote Originally Posted by captain usopp View Post
    off topic: where did you get that white shirt with the orange and brown stripes and scull heads? my friend loves stuff like that.
    At a store called Papaya ^^ Same place that I found the jacket... I randomly passed by and saw that shirt... I had to have it :3

I know I have some brown work gloves somewhere in this house that I haven't used. Once I find them, I can send them to you, Neko.

I went out to several stores yesterday to find you some green and blue fur trims. Alas, not a single fur trim of any color in sight.

peach-chan

*Stares slack jawed and bright red*

W... wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Pass the Rootbeer View Post
    I know I have some brown work gloves somewhere in this house that I haven't used. Once I find them, I can send them to you, Neko.

I went out to several stores yesterday to find you some green and blue fur trims. Alas, not a single fur trim of any color in sight.

Thanks for the offer, but I already found the green fur... and I can find the work gloves myself ^^

Quote Originally Posted by peach-chan View Post
    *Stares slack jawed and bright red*

W... wow...
    Thanks Peach-chan! Glad you approve! <3

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information