+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Neko's Cosplay

Default Re: Neko's Cosplay

OMG NEKO O_O <3 You're going to look AMAZING EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I 'm so jealous of all the people who will see you at Oni-Con ;__; *cries* I hope there is a way you and Brandon can still go to Izumicon cause I'll totally be taking your picture and glomping you and GRAYAHAA!!! I'll regret not taking your picture till I have a picture of you ;_;
    the jacket is AMAZING and I really love the kanji and your Jutte *sp?* is so damn AWEsOME!!! I wanna work on something now ;___;

Uwaa, thanks guys!! <333

I really want to go to Izumi Con, so I'll definitely see what I can do!

Also, I've decided something... As a backup plan, IF the wig doesn't come in by the 17th or 18th of October... I'm just going to cut my hair short again and bleach it... and I'll need to find some sort of gray hairdye.... I figure, I can live with cutting it, since I am doing a femme version, therefore I won't have to get some butch haircut XD I'd probably want like chunky spikes or something... and keep my 'sideburns' of course XD

That is the ONLY thing I am missing now! I am gonna work on the cigars soon, but right now, I've got many commissions to work on!

IN A TREE DOWN THE STREET FRIGHTING SMALL KIDS!!!

lol i can help u neko

Could have sworn I had made a post earlier...but it seems to have been lost. o.O

Anyway that looks amazing so far. I would totally molest you if I saw it in person!

If you have no luck in making the cigars, try looking at Haloween stores. The one near me has fake cigars for a $1 a piece.

image credit to Fleur. <3

DA LJ twitter

Jacket looks awesome Neko! Turned out really well. Can' t wait to see it in person. You don't want to just go get real cigars? You can find cheap ones at gas stations. Then we can all sit around and smoke them afterwards..LOL.

Hope you have good luck finding your wig.

hmm, i didn't think of that... i'll check out a gas station after work tomorrow XD
    I don't think I'd want to smoke em though XD My ex had me try one that was like strawberry flavored... BLEH! XD

I am honestly having a bit of trouble making them look good, but I'll keep trying in the mean time. Was also thinking of burning the ends of the two that are going in my mouth XD

best place to get cigars for a smoker cosplay is a CVS or WALGREENS ..... 20 FOR 9.99
    FRANKY SUPPAH

Oh ok, thanks for the idea! Good thing there is a CVS near my apartment... I'll have to swing by there at some point then!

Updates!

I bought a 20 pack of cigars at CVS! 8D

and I found out from my mom that my wig came in the mail!! YAY!

that is perfect then. yay neko . dare i say it.
    ONI CON 100&#37; TO THE MAX!!!!

A new wig!! cool!! (I know that always makes me excited.) Can't wait to see it!!

Finally got to see it for myself and try it on!! I may have to do some work on it, but what do you guys think so far?

I would like to thank Pass The Rootbeer for being so awesome and getting this for me through ebay! I cannot thank you enough, you really saved my ass. I know it was your uncle that bid on it, but the fact that you offered to do something so nice is just..wow. Seriously. You are awesome.

Anyways, suggestions on what i should do to maybe trim it down a little? its a bit long, and also, what should i get to keep it from falling off and whatnot... i know i need some kind of cap to cover my hair, but other than that, i am clueless! ^^;

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer AWB's Avatar

Anything for you, my friend. :) And you look very fancy in the wig.

I'll contact my uncle tomorrow and ask him how to trim a wig.

First and foremost, you'll have to get a wig cap, like you stated, preferably in a skin tone similar to yors. If you can, try to get hairpins in a color similar to the wig.

What I did for my Shikamaru wig (when it was still alive), I pin the wig onto the wig cap so that it'll do anything but fall off from my head. :3

I hope this helps.

"Livin' the Asian life, one stereotype at a time."

XD ahahaha yes definitely trim it. Right now you have the look of an evil scientist or something.

But I can totally no wait until I see the finished product!

image credit to Fleur. <3

DA LJ twitter

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer AWB's Avatar

My uncle says to cut it while someone else is wearing it. That's the best way to trim it.

looking good . but maybe if u light trimmed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey D. Hoffy View Post
    First and foremost, you'll have to get a wig cap, like you stated, preferably in a skin tone similar to yors. If you can, try to get hairpins in a color similar to the wig.

What I did for my Shikamaru wig (when it was still alive), I pin the wig onto the wig cap so that it'll do anything but fall off from my head. :3

I hope this helps.
    That is very helpful, thank you so much! <3
    Yeah, I know I look retarded in those pics, but I just had to show you guys XD Also, I put it on too low so it looked very wrong anyway

Quote Originally Posted by pirateneko View Post
    That is very helpful, thank you so much! <3
    Yeah, I know I look retarded in those pics, but I just had to show you guys XD Also, I put it on too low so it looked very wrong anyway
    I'm never opposed to helping out anyone that needs it, respectively. :3

"Livin' the Asian life, one stereotype at a time."

rootbeer got it for you. that was nice. why couldn't you get it yourself though?

I just got my hair trimed today and asked the hairdresser about spiking my hair straight up. she suggested not washing my hair for 2-3 days before I gell it up, and I might need to apply 2 or more times, and use lots of hair spray and stuff. that's gonna be fun to wash out after. @_@ It wouldn't be the same though, if I got a wig like yours though. It works for smoker, but not hiruma.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information