+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45

Thread: Thundercats (Roar)

Default Re: Thundercats hooooooooly shit it's divisive.

TR is still a good show btw. New eps are out and I like this batch. Lion-o is still the weak point? But Tygra more than makes up for it with his weird dad energy. And again, lots of amazing action just consistently showing up episode to episode? Like it would have been one thing if only the first couple eps got the bump, but I'd say every other ep there's another mind-blowing action scene. It's a shame people are blowing it off for some weird franchise purity thing. It's a fun, goofy, well-styled and kinetic show.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Did you miss the part where they mocked a DEAD GUY!? I was really looking forward to a post by you that at least tried to see reason in that madness.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Again, that bit of tastelesness is totally Teen Titans Go's MO. I wouldn't hold that "gag "agsinst Roar.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

I know. I still want to hear what Wagomu will say.

Quote Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
    Again, that bit of tastelesness is totally Teen Titans Go's MO. I wouldn't hold that "gag "agsinst Roar.
    It seems ludicrous to think that all this took place with absolutely no input at all from Roar's production crew.
    Complicating things since 2009.

So TTG is the Family Guy of kids cartoons? Trying to be edgy for the sake of it?

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    So TTG is the Family Guy of kids cartoons? Trying to be edgy for the sake of it?
    In their defence, the best part of the show was when they tried to hard to appeal.

From what I read it was an obscure reference to a scene from a Thundercats Comic Book I didn't know existed. Which involved a skeleton that had been hung with nunchuks.

https://screamsheet.wordpress.com/20...ats-no-part-1/

Bit reachy but either way it was a weird thing to have in the show.

South Park isn't edgy for the sake of it?
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; March 15th, 2020 at 10:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

That seems like a massive reach to me. Especially since they deliberately chose to use Panthro's corpse in a cave of things nobody cared about instead of any other character, it looks nothing like the comic scene, and, again, his voice actor died not that long ago.

Plus we're expected to believe they knew about that obscure comic panel but not Earle Hyman's recent death?
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krupp View Post
    Did you miss the part where they mocked a DEAD GUY!? I was really looking forward to a post by you that at least tried to see reason in that madness.
    I've never paid much attention to Teen Titans Go and I don't really care to start now. It's hardly worth making a statement about what one artist from a different show put in the corner of a frame for a split second that might be a tasteless reference but also probably isn't.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

That seems like a massive reach to me. Especially since they deliberately chose to use Panthro's corpse in a cave of things nobody cared about instead of any other character, it looks nothing like the comic scene, and, again, his voice actor died not that long ago.

Plus we're expected to believe they knew about that obscure comic panel but not Earle Hyman's recent death?
    Or they just wanted to fill space and thought it would be funny to do a skeleton.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

I know I forgot about the latter and didn't even know he voiced Panthro.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    From what I read it was an obscure reference to a scene from a Thundercats Comic Book I didn't know existed. Which involved a skeleton that had been hung with nunchuks.

https://screamsheet.wordpress.com/20...ats-no-part-1/

Bit reachy but either way it was a weird thing to have in the show.
    I'm not a huge Thundercats fan (and definitely not a TTG fan) but I'm not sure I believe that they'd even be allowed to reference that. Just skimming the article I could tell the comic was far more violent and sexually explicit than any of the shows were ever intended to be, especially TTG and TCR which appeal to very young children.

Also... the skeleton in the clip is clearly Panthro. It has the ears. ...And that's his armor in the lower left!

The skeleton from the comic isn't.

Last edited by RoboBlue; March 16th, 2020 at 07:41 AM.

South Park isn't edgy for the sake of it?
    I guess so, the difference is that the could land jokes better. But i can't say much since I stopped watching it like 2 seasons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    I'm not a huge Thundercats fan (and definitely not a TTG fan) but I'm not sure I believe that they'd even be allowed to reference that. Just skimming the article I could tell the comic was far more violent and sexually explicit than any of the shows were ever intended to be, especially TTG and TCR which appeal to very young children.
    Like I said it was a reach but not I'm not of the mind they were trying to do a tasteless joke just to be assholes either.

I guess so, the difference is that the could land jokes better. But i can't say much since I stopped watching it like 2 seasons ago.
    I stopped watching about 14 years ago.

I stopped watching about 14 years ago.
    That's about the age I started watching it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information