+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Thread: Thundercats (Roar)

Default Re: Thundercats hooooooooly shit it's pretty good.

I love you Wagomu but I'm kind of worried for this thread. It seems like this thread wont be more than people flinging shit at the show and Wagomu as its sole defender.

EDIT:WOW! That Snarf section is LIT SAKUGA!

Then that's on them. I'm not here just to offer a counterpoint; I've been genuinely enjoying this early run of episodes and think its worth promoting on its own merits. There's this great creative spark driving the show that I love, and I hope that maybe others will be able to see that, too.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

I know. I never said either side was onto some quota to fill. I just meant it makes for very boring discussion...

... BUT THAT SNARF FIRE DODGING WAS COOL!

Yeah! I love the way his body flaps as he flies away from it! The new Snarf design is very cute and well-used.

The shot of Lion-o climbing the monster is also incredible. I love the way he jumps off of the claw into his face. The action boards on this show are wild.

They should have advertised the show with the wild action Sakuga. Sure, I did grew to love the old trailer too.

...Oh god, I am fan of this. AM I!?

There's some Sakuga in the 'meet the characters' promos, cut with a lot more typical-looking scenes in the show.

Hidden:

If you can look past some hyperactive/random humor, there's a lot to love about the Roar! Its use of goofy expressions and physics, with unique-looking action cuts is reminiscent of OK K.O., and its writing has been likened to an abridged series. It's a lot of fun!

Cut the abridged series part and I'm sold!

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

I watched an episode. Heard a load of Bernard Hoffer music. Did they credit him? No? Cool, won't be watching another.

They didn't credit Leonard Starr either. I guess they could at least plead ignorance there, but I very much doubt they don't know how important he was to the original series.

That's just how music rights work. ESPECIALLY for music from the 80's and 90's. You dont see Ron Wasserman being credited for most of his music do you?

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krupp View Post
    That's just how music rights work. ESPECIALLY for music from the 80's and 90's. You dont see Ron Wasserman being credited for most of his music do you?

Except when tcats 2011 used his music (and far less of it then Roar does), they *did* credit him

They didn't credit Starr but that's fair enough given 2011 was radically different to the original and used very few of his ideas iirc.

That's awesome and its sad that Roar doesnt credit them then.

EDIT:WOW! The title of the thread changed! So it does have a mod fan!
    Last edited by Captain Krupp; February 19th, 2020 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    Except when tcats 2011 used his music (and far less of it then Roar does), they *did* credit him

https://i.imgur.com/sgRF7El.png

They didn't credit Starr but that's fair enough given 2011 was radically different to the original and used very few of his ideas iirc.
    The 2011 theme is a straight adaptation of the main theme Bernard Hoffer provided for the original Thundercats, so he gets a writer credit. The "music by" credit just lists Kevin Kliesch.

Roar has a new theme. The soundtrack incorporates a lot of direct influence from Hoffer's work, and the ending theme is an adaptation of his main theme, so he could get a credit for it, but it isn't a necessity and might come down to a different conversation (as an example, in OK K.O., they credit for the Captain Planet theme and music in that episode, but don't provide any special music credits for the Ghoul School or Crossover Nexus eps, which feature direct takes on the Scrappy Rap and several popular CN themes).

It's possible Hoffer denied a credit, or CN had a say in it, or something. It would be nice if he got some acknowledgement, but I trust that the Roar team isn't doing anything malicious, especially since their direct inspirations are so obvious.

Complicating things since 2009.

Why is there an OG Panthro corpse in there? Did.. did they just mock the death of Earle Hyman..?
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I hope and pray that is the work of the Teen Titans Go Writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krupp View Post
    I hope and pray that is the work of the Teen Titans Go Writers.
    Well, it's from an episode of TTG, so yeah, probably.

And yes, the entire episode is just them throwing shade at the TR haters (which they've done before).

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Why is there an OG Panthro corpse in there? Did.. did they just mock the death of Earle Hyman..?
    It's kinda hard to not read it that way since Hyman died several years ago so it's not like he passed away after they started making this episode. He's the only major cast member to have died even relatively recently; Bob McFadden died two decades ago and Earl Hammond a couple years later.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Well, it's from an episode of TTG, so yeah, probably.

And yes, the entire episode is just them throwing shade at the TR haters (which they've done before).
    oh well that changes much. i thought it was from TR. TTG has earned my enteral hissing for this.
    NintendoID: Zodiark14

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    That's how you know your show has completely shit the bed.

The worst part is, I actually laughed at the first 30 seconds of that clip.
    ...But then they shot the joke in the head.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information